New Chrome Extension Requirements

Options
Jason Griffith
Jason Griffith
Community Member
edited April 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello,
I just reinstalled my os and have been re-installing everything from scratch. I downloaded the latest version of Chrome and 1Password and found that Chrome is no longer allowing extensions to be installed that are not part of it's webstore. The alert now simply refuses to let me install it. I've taken a screen show for your review.
The Learn more links to this page stating that all extensions now need to be accessed through the store. Is this something you all are aware of? Are you planning on releasing your extension there or do you have another workaround for Chrome?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Jason,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. I moved your post to the browser extensions category. There is a pinned topic at the top of this category with instructions, or you can just read the page in your screenshot. There is an explanation at the top of the page with steps for installing the extension (including screenshots of each step) right on that page. :D

The rest of the steps are cut off in my screenshot, but I hope you get the idea.

Please let me know if you are still having trouble after reading the instructions on that page and following them.

Cheers!

• Jason Griffith
    Jason Griffith
    Community Member
    Options

HAHA, Yeah, I actually just found that page after I came back to the forums looking for an answer. I remember doing this before but apparently I just skimmed through it this time as it's been awhile. Thx for the detailed illustrations.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Phew! I'm just glad everything is working well. You had me worried for a second. :)

Enjoy your weekend!

• Tony C
    Tony C
    Community Member
    Options

This doesn't work for me - latest Chrome (26.0.1410.65) and latest 1Password/plugin download (downloaded today), I click on ok as described above and nothing happens.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Tony, that is just the first step. As I mentioned above, the rest of the steps were cut off in my screenshot, but you can view all three steps on the download page. Here is the link for your convenience. You may need to scroll down to see all three steps and the screenshots showing how to perform them:

https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/chrome.html

In fact, I'll even post a screenshot of steps 2 and 3. Again, these steps are on the extension download page that I just linked to. It's where you downloaded the extension in the first place. :)

• Tony C
    Tony C
    Community Member
    Options

Ok - there we go! Thanks - I missed the link. Thx.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

We've since simplified the installation as we're now using the Chrome Web Store to power our downloads.

For other folks, just click on the Download button next to Chrome on our extension page or use Chrome Web Store's Add to Chrome here.

Note that you do have to remove the current extension first before you can install the Chrome Web Store version as they're separate extensions now.

This discussion has been closed.