Questions re 1P Windows (8.4.1)

Options
camner
camner
Community Member

I've just started with 1P Windows v8 (and only sporadically used 1P Windows in the past, because I'm primarily a Mac user), and I've got a few questions about differences between 1P Windows (v 8) and 1P Mac (v 7):

1. In 1P Mac, one can have 1P display item counts. I don't see a way to enable that in 1P Window 8. Am I missing something?
  2. The tags I see in 1PW8 don't match the tags I see in 1PM7. There are more tags showing in 1PW8. Why? And what do I do about it?
  3. In 1PM7, I can right click on a tag and delete or rename it. In 1PW8, right clicking on a tag does nothing. How do I edit/delete tags in 1PW8?
  4. Does 1PW8 have the ability to access "Mini"? I can invoke Quick Access via ctrl-shift-space, but I can't get Mini to show

That's it for now...

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.2.0
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Powerless
    Powerless
    Community Member
    Options
    1. The item count is currently not present in 1Password 8 but it is in the nightly build and so I would expect this to appear in a future update. https://1password.community/discussion/comment/622268/#Comment_622268
    2. Sorry, I've not come across this.
    3. You cannot currently bulk edit/remove tags in 1Password 8, but has been added as a feature request. However, you can still perform these actions in iOS (and I assume Android). https://1password.community/discussion/comment/625020/#Comment_625020
    4. The mini has been removed and replaced (?) with Quick Access.
  • camner
    camner
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply.

I wasn't trying to bulk edit/remove tags in 1P8; I wanted to remove them 1 by 1, but I can't figure out how to remove them at all!

• Powerless
    Powerless
    Community Member
    Options

Ah I see. No I don't think you can delete all tags with a click or shortcut. It's one by one on each tag.

You cannot edit an existing tag, you have to delete it (left/right click existing tag and click 'Remove tag') and then click 'Add tag'.

• camner
    camner
    Community Member
    Options

I'm obviously not making myself clear. I DO NOT want to delete all tags! I want to delete tags one at a time (and not all of them). Right clicking on a tag for me does NOT bring up a contextual menu that includes 'Remove tag'. Left clicking chooses all 1P entries that have that tag assigned.

• Powerless
    Powerless
    Community Member
    Options

No worries, we got out wires crossed so let's try again.

1. On the left hand side of the 1Password window you should see a list of your tags under TAGS. You can only left click on a tag name and a right click will do nothing.
    2. If you click on one of your tag names on the left you should then see all items associated with that tag appear on the right.
    3. You can click one of the items on your right and then you will see all of the the details appear for that item on the furthest right.
    4. You should now be able to see all off the tags you have assigned to this item at the bottom.
    5. To remove or add a tag, make sure you click 'Edit' in the top right. If you right click the tag (at the bottom of the item you are editing) you should now see the 'Remove tag' option.
  • camner
    camner
    Community Member
    Options

We still have our wires crossed, but your detailed most recent reply (thank you!) provided the key to unlock the resolution to the issue.

You explained in detail how to edit the tags that are associated with a given 1P item. But this is not what I was trying to do. I want to remove a tag from the list of tags, not to edit whether a given item had that tag. I couldn't figure out any way of deleting or editing the tag itself.

After reading your detailed instructions about editing the tags that are associated with a given item, I thought to myself, "I wonder if the tag will disappear from the list of tags if I remove that tag from all of the items that contain the tag." And that's exactly right. I clicked on a tag in the tag list, then saw all the 1P items that contain that tag, and edited each of those items to delete the assignment of the given tag. When I edited the final item that was tagged with a specific tag and clicked Save, the tag itself disappeared from the list of tags. Eureka!

• Hey @camner:

Glad to hear you got it working (thanks to @Powerless for the assist! :smile:). We currently have an open feature request to add additional options when working with tags, like the ability to delete an entire tag from all items, so I've added your feedback to the issue we have regarding this. Thanks!

Jack

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#651

This discussion has been closed.