I use 1Password 7 on macOS along with the (current) Firefox extension. (The same behavior also occurs in Brave Browser.) It works great when 1Password is in an unlocked state, however it does not function as I would expect while the application is in a locked state. In particular:
- Good: If Firefox is not in focus, and 1Password is locked, then the system-wide keybinding for Fill Login or Show 1Password — in my case
Cmd+/ — causes 1Password to prompt me to unlock.
- Good: Whether Firefox is in focus or not, if 1Password is unlocked, then the same system-wide keybinding causes 1Password to fill login or show the app.
- Unexpected: If Firefox is in focus, and 1Password is locked, then the same system-wide keybinding does nothing. I would expect the application to prompt me to unlock, and then fill login or show the app.
Here are the steps to reproduce:
- Ensure 1Password is locked.
- In Firefox, navigate to a page with a login form.
- Use the system-wide keybinding for Fill Login or Show 1Password, in my case
Note: at this point, the extension emits a console message
Received <FillShortcutActivated> from the native core. However, 1Password does not prompt me to unlock.
- Click the 1Password extension icon in Firefox. This will prompt you to unlock.
Note: during this time, the extension emits a console message
Sending <NmShowUnlock> message to native core <...>
- Use the same system-wide keybinding again, and the login will be filled (or app shown).
Any help is greatly appreciated.
1Password Version: 7.9.2 (70902005)
Extension Version: 2.2.1
OS Version: macOS 12.1