How To: Avoid autosave on specific domains

JapanMCJ
JapanMCJ
Community Member
edited April 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Problem: I go to Etrade.com, use the 1PW extension within Safari to login, (it logs in fine) but then asks me to save the etrade site as a new login. It does this every time. Could it be because I use SecureID so each time the password is different? Any idea how to stop it from asking WITHOUT turning off the AutoSave feature since I still want to use that feature for new website & login info.

Comments

• Hi @JapanMCJ,

Yes, if the password is different each time, 1Password will ask again if you'd like to save it. It will compare to previous Login's data to make sure it's not a different Login that it needs to save. A different password would count as a different one that you might want to replace the pervious Login item with. It wouldn't ask if the password was the same.

You can add etrade.com to the Don't autosave on these domains list, so that 1Password doesn't ask to auto-save again. To do this, click on the 1Password button, go to the Settings (two-gear icon) > Logins. From there, you can add domains to which 1Password should not prompt to auto-save again.

Adding etrade.com to the avoid auto-saving list

This discussion has been closed.