Two MacBooks 1 ipad 1 iPhone no longer syncing

when I set them up the all sync through dropbox. Not sure when they stopped. Check to see if dropbox turned on for all and it is. Check to be sure the file is in drobpox folder and it is. What happen? Thanks

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2013

Hi Lark,

That's very difficult to answer without knowing more details. You said they've stopped syncing and based on your message, it sounds like there are no errors. Can you tell me what makes you think it has stopped working? Are items not showing up from one side to another? If yes, where exactly?

Can you create a fake item on all three devices and see if any of them shows up on other devices? It's best to name them like this Item from iPad, Item from iPhone, and Item from Mac.

That way, you can tell which device is sending items properly and which device is picking it up. All three fake items should show up on all three devices.

• Lark Lindig
    Lark Lindig
    Community Member

only shows up on one computer not other computer. I think the problem is the computers and dropbox. I think the devices are sync with one of the computer but not sure which one. So not concerned about device until I get computer fixed. I am having to constantly reset my passowords every time I am log into a website for other computer and vice versa because 1password does not sync

Maybe similar to the other thread you closed ? Guy had similar issues. May want to go back a read that thread if already forgot! If you would have posted the solution there instead of closing, I would have a solution by now. I have a felling two different Data files. been 4 day now and still this is not solved. Frustrating support system to say the least. CRAp

• Hi Lark,

I don't recall that thread but we usually close it if the problem was resolved or we've moved to email support instead. We try to close as much as we can because not everybody has the same problem and we rather you contact us for private help as the solutions can do more harm rather than being helpful if the issue is not related to yours.

The forums are for community support, it's not being used for private one-on-one support. The direct quick support is through emails, you can always email us at support@agilebits.com for that.

Before sending us that email, please attach the diagnostic reports from both computers, so we can see what the problem could be. This article will explain how to generate those reports.

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2013

Lark,

I just wanted to follow up on this since I can't find an email from you in our inbox. Are you still having trouble? If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.