1Password 6.8.9 on MacBook Pro 2021 M1 -> get stuck on Welcome Screen

i can start 1Password - but i can not select any option in the section "Already an 1Password User"

i can click on the options - but nothing happening

at "more options" ("weitere Optionen") i see a submenu - but there also no response if i click the options ...

see screenshot:

Welcome Screen
Welcome Screen

sub menu
SubMenu

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.1

Comments

• muescha
    muescha
    Community Member

i tried already to rename the Preferences folder described here: https://1password.community/discussion/116637/1password-6-stuck

• @muescha

My best suggestion would to be to use 1Password 7. You indicated you were using macOS 12.1. 1Password 6 stopped receiving updates several years ago and is no longer supported. 1Password 7 is supported and capable of being used with modern operating systems.

• muescha
    muescha
    Community Member

sorry - my intention is not to have any monthly subscription - still now I don't have it. I only open for one-time payments.

an other solution is only to switch to an other password manager :/

• Hi @muescha:

Thanks for being with us the past 7 years! Stay safe out there, and we'll be here if you decide to come back.

Jack

• muescha
    muescha
    Community Member

i would be more happy if there is an option to startup the 1Password6 on my M1

Are there some debug options to see whats happening there - why there is no reaction to my clicks?

I read from other users that they can start the 1Password6 on their M1

• Hey @muescha:

The short version is we simply don't have many troubleshooting options left for 1Password 6 at this point, especially on modern versions of macOS. As 1Password 6 has not received an update in almost 4 years now, there may be situations where it no longer works, especially on hardware and architectures that did not exist when we last released 1Password 6.

For more details, see here: https://1password.community/discussion/104999/1password-6-legacy-support-information

One offer we are running to help customers like yourself stay up to date with 1Password is a discount of $50 USD on a $150 USD gift card and switch to a 1Password membership. This would allow you to pay one time, and top up as needed. If this is something you'd be interested in exploring, reaching out to my colleagues at support+tradein@1password.com would be the best bet. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect your conversation here, with your conversation over email.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.