Lost all rich icons

Options
rwakeford
rwakeford
Community Member

Don't know when it happened but I've lost all my Rich passwords on my MacBook Pro. Still got them on my iPhone. Running 1Password beta 8 version 0040 and BigSur 11.6.2

1Password Version: 8.5
Extension Version: 004
OS Version: 11.6.2
Referrer: forum-search:Lost all rich icons

Comments

• rwakeford
    rwakeford
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry. Badly worded above.
    I've lost every single one of my "Rich Icons".
    When I go to Edit to try to replace any one of them, I can put it in the edit box but it's never saved when closing the edit. I reinstalled version 7 just to see and they're all there, originals and the ones I added or changed, but not a single one in Beta 8.

• rwakeford
    rwakeford
    Community Member
    Options

I've got "Show app and website icons" selected in Preferences/Privacy as well.

• Ben
    Options

Hey @rwakeford

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please verify that none of the listed domains/ports in this guide are being blocked on your computer or network? If that doesn't seem to be the cause I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostic report so we can get an idea of what is going on 'under the hood' of the app. To do that:

1. Open 1Password 8 and reproduce the issue (try to set a custom icon, or uncheck then recheck the 'show app and website icons' preference).
    2. Note the time this occurred
    3. Verify it still isn't working as expected
    4. Open 1Password > Preferences > Advanced and select Send Diagnostics
    5. Attach the diagnostics file from your downloads folder to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Ben

• rwakeford
    rwakeford
    Community Member
    Options

[#DXZ-96759-554]
    I've actually gone back to version 7 now as, having stayed with Beta 8 since the beginning, I realise that I very much prefer its ease of use!!

• rwakeford
    rwakeford
    Community Member
    Options

I've decided not to chicken out and am continuing with Beta 8. On just clicking on "recently deleted" (just trying everything to get back my icons) it says that 1Password doesn't have an Internet connection! 1Password mini in Safari and the Safari web page both show all the Rich icons and I've got connect with 1Password in the browser selected.

• rwakeford
    rwakeford
    Community Member
    Options

Just installed the latest beta and all the rich icons are back.
    By the way, 1Password no longer does automatic updates (I've always had it set to nightly). I have to re-download the beta and re-install it each time.

• PeterG_1P
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hi @rwakeford, thanks for the update on this. It's great that your rich icons are back! It does sound like there might be an ongoing issue here, though. You shouldn't have to download the beta and re-install it each time. In any case, we have received your email message and our team will be happy to dig into this for you. Thanks again for getting in touch, and we should have more for you soon! We'll continue the conversation over there in order to keep the proceedings tidy. 👍

• rwakeford
    rwakeford
    Community Member
    Options

I agree about the updates. They always installed automatically before but not now :-( Thanks for your reply as I know you're all very busy.

• Never too busy to help, @rwakeford. 🙂 We'll look forward to sorting this out for you!

• rwakeford
    rwakeford
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you :-)

This discussion has been closed.