1Password 8.5.0 Mac | McAfee anti-virus Trigger on update

Options
speedbird
speedbird
Community Member

Heads up -
Am running 80500083, on BETA channel on Mac OS 12.1
When auto-update runs, it triggers a virus alert on McAfee's real-time protection.
Product: McAfee Total Protection
Version: 4.11.2 (current)
Detection:

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.1
Referrer: forum-search:virus

Comments

• Hi @speedbird:

To investigate this a bit further and make sure that we're not missing anything, I'd like you to collect a diagnostics report from 1Password for Mac. To do this:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Choose 1Password > Settings from the menu bar (⌘ + Comma), then click Advanced.
    3. Click Send Diagnostics.
    4. Click Reveal.

Email the diagnostics report to support+forum@1password.com, along with a link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/126745/1password-8-5-0-mac-mcafee-anti-virus-trigger-on-update#latest, and your username: speedbird. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to link your email conversation with your thread here. Thanks!

Jack

• speedbird
    speedbird
    Community Member
    Options

Apologies. Either with the latest 1Password update or McAfee's signature updates, the issue seems to be resolved.
    If it recurs, I'll upload a diag dump.

• Understood, @speedbird. Thank you for the heads-up. If it returns, we'll be happy to check out the diagnostics for you!

This discussion has been closed.