Auto-Fill in Browser with ctrl + # doesn‘t work

Options

On Windows 10 and Windows 11 with German keyboard, automatic filling with the combination CTRL + # does not work on Beta 80500103

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @sille:

Thanks for asking, and I'm sorry you're running into issues here. We've done some significant improvements around non-US keyboard layouts and shortcut handling, and the changes are in today's beta release. If you haven't updated 1Password 8 just yet to today's beta, can you give it a try and let me know if that improves your state of play? :smile:

Jack

• sille
    sille
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack, thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately, CTRL + # does not work even after the update on 80600006 - nothing happens. On 7.9.828 it runs without problems.

Silvio

• PeterG_1P
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thank you @sille, and we're sorry this hasn't yet improved your experience - we'll keep working to improve this!

ref: dev/core/core#12864

• sille
    sille
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

Even with the last betas (80600043 and 80600051), autofill with CTRL # on a German keyboard is not yet possible.

• Ben
    Options

Hey @sille

Could you please let us know:

1. Are you able to assign the keyboard shortcut in 1Password's preferences?
    2. Which web browser are you trying to fill into?
    3. Have you checked to see if there are any conflicts with another application (particularly your browser) using the same shortcut you're trying to use for 1Password?

Ben

• sille
    sille
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hi @Ben

1. yes - I currently use CTRL Ä - that works (On a German keyboard, the Ä is next to #)
    2. I use Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 and Windows 11 - Both have the same problem
    3. I doubt that - when I return to 1Password 7, it will work again.

Silvio

• paulhey
    paulhey
    Community Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hi!
    I have a MacBook Pro with German keyboard layout.
    In 1Password settings > Keyboard shortcuts the layout/the keys are not properly reflected.

Example:
    "Fill in Browser" is on my keyboard ⌘#
    The field in settings displays _⌘_
    Remains the same if I update the shortcut.

Let me know if I can help!
    Cheers,
    Paul

1Password Version: 8.6.0
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: MacOS 12.2.1

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I currently use CTRL Ä - that works (On a German keyboard, the Ä is next to #)

I can confirm that pressing STRG + # on a German keyboard doesn't bring up the autofill popup. Switching the keyboard shortcut to STRG + Ä and the autofill popup appears.

• PeterG_1P
    edited March 2022
    Options

Thank you for this information, @sille and @DenalB - I have made sure to pass this on to our developers! We really appreciate having these specifics.

ref: dev/core/core#12864

This discussion has been closed.