Shortcut impossible to create

Options

Hi,

I hope I didn't miss any subject that would answer my question.

I have a simple problem. Today, I “played” with the browser extension shortcut setting to try other possibilities. It turned out that the original shortcut I've been using for quite some time is perfect. But when I try to put it back, I can't. I don't have any messages, just a sound.

At first, I thought it could be a conflict with the OS X shortcuts. Indeed, I found one, so I disabled it in the keyboard settings of my Mac. I didn't change anything in 1Password. I even tried to change the OS X shortcut; nothing changed. There's a reboot between every step...

So, I'm a bit sad, because I really like the old shortcut, and I feel completely stupid now!

Anyway, I hope someone can help me, even if that's a very small problem.

By the way, your apps are amazing. And so is your blog, where I finally learned how to create secure passwords. Thank you so much. I'm in France, and I'm spreading your name as much as I can.

Aurélien.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I have a simple problem. Today, I “played” with the browser extension shortcut setting to try other possibilities. It turned out that the original shortcut I've been using for quite some time is perfect. But when I try to put it back, I can't. I don't have any messages, just a sound.

Have you tried restarting your Mac?

By the way, your apps are amazing. And so is your blog, where I finally learned how to create secure passwords. Thank you so much. I'm in France, and I'm spreading your name as much as I can.

Thank you! :)

• iChe
    iChe
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, when I saw I could solve the problem, I started to restart the Mac between every new changes in Setting. That didn't help, apparently.

It's really strange; it feels like there is a conflict somewhere, but I have no idea which parts of OS X or which other softwares are involved. I didn't say that but I have exactly the same thing with my MacBook Air. Both Macs are running Mountain Lyon, up to date.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Do you have a non-English keyboard? What shortcut are you trying to set it to? I know the default for English keyboards is ⌘\ but i don't know offhand for every other keyboard. Are you able to set the shortcut at all (like to ⌥⇧⌘U or something obscure like that)?

• iChe
    iChe
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it's a French AZERTY keyboard. At the beginning, it was our equivalent of you Cmd + \, which is Cmd + ', and it was working perfectly, and that's the one I'm trying to get back. I'm able to set other shortcuts. Sometimes I even have a window saying that the shortcut I'm trying to set is already use by the system, but when I try to set Cmd + ', I don't even have the window, just the small sound.

You really don't have to spend too much time on that's, is really not a big deal; it just curious.

I didn't try 4 keys shortcuts thought, I stopped at 3. I'll try that tomorrow, and I'll also check that the keys I give you here are the right ones. I'm on the iPad right know, so I can't check on a physical keyboard. But mostly, it's 2 in the morning here!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Get some rest and keep me posted. :)

• iChe
    iChe
    Community Member
    Options

I check what I said last and I was right. Also since then, I tried a 4 keys shortcut, and it worked.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That is very strange. If you'd like us to take a closer look, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• iChe
    iChe
    Community Member
    Options

I've just sent it to you. ;)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! If you haven't received a reply yet, I know you will soon. Thanks for your patience. :)

This discussion has been closed.