My old 6.8.9 Mac OS 1Password won't start anymore

Options
Slemper
Slemper
Community Member
edited February 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Somehow the 1P 7 installed on My Mac. Now I have two Apps and the old one which I love won't start anymore. Simply Freezes after I type in the password.
Is there anything I can do about it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Slemper:

Welcome to the 1Password Support Community! Just to confirm, is all of your data accessible in 1Password 7? 1Password 6 hasn't been updated in nearly 4 years now, and as such may not behave as expected, especially on newer versions of macOS.

Jack

• Slemper
    Slemper
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, passwords seems to be safe. I think my problem is I can't add new passwords to 7th as I don't have a month subscription. But all previous data seems to be there.

• Great to hear your passwords are safe @Slemper!

Just so you're aware, 1Password is now only available as a subscription, with a 1Password account, and we no longer sell standalone licenses. With that in mind however, we do have some trade-in deals available for license customers such as yourself. Switching to a 1Password membership would allow you to use 1Password 7 on your Mac, as well as have access to the apps on any other devices. Additionally with a 1Password membership, you can try out 1Password 8, available now for Windows and Linux, and in beta for macOS.

You can reach our dedicated Migration team who would be able to assist with making sure you're getting any offers that would apply to you by emailing them at support+tradein@1password.com. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect your conversation here with your email conversation. Let me know!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.