8 Beta Won't Allow Login after Restoring Mac from Time Machine Backup

Options
mikesilva
mikesilva
Community Member

Restored a Time Machine backup of my Mac from today onto the same laptop using Migration Assistant, after reinstalling macOS Monterey fresh. 1Password installed from the migration, and still shows my two accounts (work and personal) on the login screen, but when I input my password correctly (yes, really, I have checked) I get an error that the password (for either account) is incorrect.

I've tried uninstalling the migrated instance of 1Password 8, by dragging it to the Trash, then reinstalling 1Password 8. But the same problem occurs, as dragging to the trash appears not to delete my account data stored on my Mac.

Making matters worse, there is no way in the UI for me to sign out of these accounts that were previously added, to then be able to reauthenticate and re-add them, so the app grabs good account data from the server.

I shall now dumpster dive in ~/Library to see if I can tidy up. If Agile folks can enumerate exactly where to look for 1Password 8 data in that directory structure, that would be helpful.

1Password Version: 8.5 Beta (most recent)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.2

Comments

• Hi @mikesilva, I'm sorry to hear of this trouble, post-Time Machine backup. This sounds system-specific enough that it would make sense for our support team to assist you by email.

Could you send a quick message to support+mac@1Password.com with a link to this discussion? You've already provided details here that will give our team a great basis to get started, and over there we'll be able to reply with customized instructions to get you up and running as efficiently as possible. We'll look forward to sorting this out for you!

• mikesilva
    mikesilva
    Community Member
    Options

I created a ticket last night, using the support page last night. I wasn't sure whether the forum or support was more appropriate, given the beta status. Ticket #IDA-18276-413 . Is the address you mention a different queue, or will the existing ticket suffice?

• Oh, excellent - thank you @mikesilva. I have located the ticket and confirmed it's gotten to the right team 👍, who should be with you shortly. I've also linked it back to this thread so that we've got all the information in one place. The team will reply to you by email from here. Thank you for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.