How can I change or add a new account on the 1Password app on MacOS as I have created a new account?

Options
Glumite
Glumite
Community Member

Hello,
I had an old 1Password account I could not access anymore as I have lost my password & Emergency kit.
So I create a new account, with another mail address and a new password.

When I try to connect online with my new account, new mail address and new password, it works perfectly.
But when I want to open the 1Password app on my Mac, it doesn't recognise my new password. But, surprisingly I can have access to Preferences.
So I opened Preferences > Account > + (but the + is not accessible - in grey - as my 1Password app is not opened).
So I am really stuck as I can remove my older account nor add my new one.

So how can I erase my former account on the app on MacOS (Big Sur 11.6.3) to put my new one and use 1Password normally on my Mac.

Many thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: mac OS 11.6.3
Referrer: forum-search:How can I add a new account

Comments

• Hi, @Glumite! 👋

From your description, it sounds like the 1Password for Mac app is attempting to use your old login information to sign in. Let's reset the 1Password for Mac app so you're able to sign into your new account:

1. Open 1Password. You don’t need to enter your Master Password.
    2. From the menu bar, choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data and follow the onscreen instructions.

Keep in mind that resetting the 1Password app will delete all local 1Password data on your device. The data associated to your 1Password account will not be affected. The next time you open the 1Password app, you'll be able to sign in using the correct login information.

Let me know if you have any questions along the way! :)

Alvin

• Glumite
    Glumite
    Community Member
    Options

It works!!!!!
    Many thanks Alvin for your help!

Jérôme

• On behalf of Alvin, you're very welcome @Glumite! 😀

This discussion has been closed.