AutoFill shortcut

Options
m4gr01ino
m4gr01ino
Community Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: Browser Autofill Shortcut does not work.

Comments

• m4gr01ino
    m4gr01ino
    Community Member
    Options

Any updates on this? I cannot get the shortcut to work neither, I don't even have the mentioned setting for a "Fill in Browser" in my 1password app preferences.

I recently switched form a standalone license to a 1password account and I am really missing the (formerly) working shortcut!!

In any case the shortcut does NOT work in my browsers. I would rather disable the 1password icon on websites, I prefer keyboard shortcuts.

• m4gr01ino
    m4gr01ino
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, I switched the extension back to the 'classic 1password' extension and my shortcut now works again.

• m4gr01ino
    m4gr01ino
    Community Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

I actually do get a UI to pick the login from on the new extension; as a web developer I just dislike the idea that additional stuff is injected into my website (besides the fact that most of the time the styling does not cohere with the websites' form styling); I prefer a "clean" and silent way just like the old extension does.

• m4gr01ino
    m4gr01ino
    Community Member
    Options

@jack.platten I am on v7 on mac, I did not know that there was a version 8 already? I checked for updates and I am running it on a M1 mac with latest OS (12.2), 1password says it is up to date.. No I am confused :)

• Hey @m4gr01ino:

Since you're on 1Password 7, I'm going to split out your posts into a separate thread in the Mac section for you! 1Password 8 is available now for Windows and Linux, but is still in beta for the Mac as we put the finishing touches on it. 😁

With 1Password 7 for Mac, the fill shortcut is "Fill login or show 1Password". When used in a web browser, what exactly this shortcut does will vary based on which extension you're using, and how many Login items you have for the site you're on. If you only have a single Login item for the site, using ⌘+\ will fill in the Login item. If you have multiple Login items, and are using the classic extension, 1Password mini will open and allow you to select. If you're using the newer 1Password extension, the in-line autofill menu will open and allow you to select. As an additional note, using the newer 1Password extension to fill using the shortcut does require "Integrate with 1Password app" to be enabled in the extension settings as well.

If you'd like the newer extension to not automatically drop down the in-line menu, but still be available for filling when you use the fill shortcut, you can disable the in-line menu from showing automatically by right clicking the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, choose Settings, then scroll to the Autofill section of the menu. Disable the option "Show autofill menu on field focus".

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• asarti
    asarti
    Community Member
    Options

I have a very similar problem, so I'll follow suit. I am on a Mac and use 1password 7 as my desktop app and use the new chrome extension (version 2.3.2) since the old chrome extension stopped working a few weeks ago after a Chrome update.

I use a german keyboard layout, so my shortcut is slightly different, but the general idea is the same (my shortcut is cmd+#). Before I upgraded, I would use cmd+# on a website and I was prompted for my touch-id. After that, a small window popped up and I could choose my login and hit enter to fill it in.

After upgrading, the shortcut cmd+# will work everywhere except in Chrome, which is very annoying. I would have to click on the little icon instead of just using a keyboard shortcut. If I use the cmd+shift+x shortcut from the Chrome extension I will get prompted for my touch-id, but after that, I cannot use enter to autofill on the page, I have to click autofill in the popup window.

Is there a way, I can again use 1password with just my keyboard? That was always one of the main features of it for me ...

• Hey @asarti:

Thanks for adding your feedback. To clarify, are you pressing Cmd + # on a page with login fields? 1Password 7 and 1Password in the browser behaves a little differently than 1Password 7 and the older 1Password classic extension. If there aren't any fillable fields, pressing the "Fill Login or Show 1Password" shortcut when you're in Chrome won't display anything, but if there are fields detected for filling, if you have one login, 1Password in Chrome will automatically fill them in, or if you have multiple logins for the site, 1Password will show the inline menu on the field. Does that make sense with what you're seeing? Let me know, and I can dig in further with you!

Jack

• asarti
    asarti
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Jack.P_1P

What you are describing is what I want to happen, but it doesn't.

When you say that it detects fillable fields: I am looking at a shop website with a login mask. Pressing Cmd + # does nothing, but in the e-mail field, I see the 1password logo as a button. If I press it, I get all the options I used to get by pressing Cmd + #.
    Would that count as 1password detecting fillable fields?

Thanks for your help

• Hey @asarti:

Thanks for following up, and that definitely doesn't sound quite right. I think the next best step would be getting some more visibility as to what could be going on. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• asarti
    asarti
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Jack.P_1P

Here is the Support ID number: [#FHS-82597-986]

I hope you'll find something :)

• Thank you very much for reaching out to us via email. Let us continue our conversations there, and we can update the results here later.

ref: FHS-82597-986

This discussion has been closed.