import probs

Options

Hi Guys !
windows 10 pro latest edition....

i am new here and am not the brightest so here goes.:
i am Trialing 1pw at the moment and want to get away ASAP From Mcafee Truekey.. i like that product but i have some serious issues with the company pollicy (i used their AV softwar for years ,no probs untill they started using popups for adds grrrrrrrrr anoying,,, so bye bye )
i want to import my passwords from truekey into 1PW..
i used theimport "other" Funtion but...
all i got was a long list (just under 200 entrys) of unrecognisable mess... just empty icons with no url or name as to what the log in is
i did this twice to rule out errors... now i have 2x the mess and cant delete it ???
how can i import and use my passwords from truekey ???
when i do a log in by hand and save to 1pw the above probs are not there
i get >:
a usanble login
a url
an icon from site
i have done something wrong or true key exports the files bad or 1PW will not do what it says it can do
pls help
Thanks in advance
ps
as i am only testing this app b4 i choose to purchase this may be the deciding thing if i stay or go

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• aghud
    aghud
    Community Member
    Options

obtw
    1pw version is 8.5
    os is Win 10 64 bit pro

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @aghud !

Please read here:
    https://1password.community/discussion/comment/494051/#Comment_494051

Hopefully the MRC Converter Suite could help. :)

• Hi @aghud:

As @DenalB mentioned (thanks for the assist! :sunglasses:), @MrC's Converter Suite does support getting all of your data neatly converted and ready for import into 1Password. Just so you're aware, the output of the convert suite is a .1pif file, which currently must be imported using 1Password 7, not 1Password 8. After creating your export, you'll need to uninstall 1Password 8, and install 1Password 7 temporarily to perform the import into your 1Password account. Once everything has been imported successfully, you can then uninstall 1Password 7, and switch back to 1Password 8. Be sure to let us know if you run into any trouble along the way!

Jack

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I’m here to help if you need it, @aghud !

This discussion has been closed.