Twitter asks, "Are you human?" when using the 1Password extension

Options
khad
khad
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from another thread.

Comments

• itechieguy
    itechieguy
    Community Member
    edited April 2013
    Options

Trying to login twitter. Using 1Password, I get routed to a page asking me "We gotta check… are you human?". then I have to login using a recapta. If I login copying and pasting my password, all is well.

Safari 6.0.4(didn't work with 6.0.3 either)
    Password1 extension 3.9.14

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @itechieguy,

How are you logging into Twitter, are you opening it from the main 1Password app, through the browser extension first, or are you visiting Twitter's in Safari first and then asking 1Password to fill in?

Check the URL saved in your Login item for Twitter, it might have a session ID in the address. Change it to https://twitter.com/login and it should work better.

• afterimages
    afterimages
    Community Member
    Options

I, too, have a fillin problem: twitter. It does not fill in on the home screen and so I get a 'are you human?' page. That one fills in fine, so it takes two clicks from the Safari plugin to get into twitter.

?????

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @afterimages,

I split your post from that other unrelated thread and merged it with this one that already existed for this issue. Please read Mike's post above and let me know the answers to the questions he asked. Also, you can try saving a new Login item.

1. Visit the site's login page: https://twitter.com/
    2. Enter your credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.
    3. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    4. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    5. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

Let me know if that helps.

• afterimages
    afterimages
    Community Member
    Options

No. I still get the 'are you human' and then it works...

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Very strange. I can't seem to reproduce this. We will take a closer look, and I'll report back here as soon as I have more information.

• afterimages
    afterimages
    Community Member
    Options

OK. I just bought the main app for my iMac so I'd like to get this working... thanks

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

How are you logging into Twitter, are you opening it from the main 1Password app, through the browser extension first, or are you visiting Twitter's in Safari first and then asking 1Password to fill in?

• afterimages
    afterimages
    Community Member
    Options

I am on another site and then I use the browser extension to log into twitter.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting me know. We're still not able to reproduce this, but if it persists after creating a new Login item in the next version of the extension, please let me know. Hopefully it won't be too long before the next version of the extension is released.

• itechieguy
    itechieguy
    Community Member
    edited April 2013
    Options

Perhaps it's this. I have two different twitter accounts on my machine. See if things are set up that way if that breaks things.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not sure what you mean, @itechieguy. I have nine Twitter accounts saved in 1Password, but the quantity of them doesn't have any effect. Either the Login items work or they don't, and all nine of mine are working without trouble. Obviously this is an issue for you and afterimages, though, so we do want to get it working. I just don't think the quantity of Twitter Login items is a factor.

• itechieguy
    itechieguy
    Community Member
    Options

i thought the problem might be specific to more than one account. if you have nine, guess that rules that out. :^)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2013
    Options

It could be, but it may just not be affecting any of mine. This is really proving very difficult to track down... :/

• afterimages
    afterimages
    Community Member
    Options

Success: perhaps you told me this already, but I just added a login after sitting on twitter.com/login and it works. I had the old one set to twitter.com (no /login) and it failed. So whatever it is, it's between those two pages.

Thanks...

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@afterimages, that's great. Thanks for letting me know things are working well. @itechieguy, does that help you at all to save a Login item at https://twitter.com/login ?

• anonsos
    anonsos
    Community Member
    Options

Anytime I try to sign into twiiter, I get thet are you human page.. But, when I enbter tyhe words corectly, the page refreshes and I have to enter the words again.. and again, and again.. Only way I found how to get pass it is to keep changing my password.. I cannot keep doing this.. Is there somebody messing with my account for me to keep getting this page? Every single time I try to sign in for the pass few weeks I get this page. ANd, it's not my browser as it happens in opera as well as firefox.. Weuse twitter alot here so, really need to use it..

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If the issue is occurring in Opera then it is not related to 1Password since there is no 1Password extension for Opera at this time. You would need to contact Twitter support for help with Twitter.

This discussion has been closed.