AWS 2FA no longer working

Options
apollorion
apollorion
Community Member
edited February 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I have 2FA setup for AWS, it used to work great up until recently. I think AWS changed something about how their 2FA works because Im sent to a 2FA page that looks completely different than what it used to look like.

Anyways,

2FA no longer works the first time around. I can recreate this issue very consistently. I've tried removing 2FA and re-adding it and the same issue persists.

1. Login to AWS console using root account credentials
  2. Sent to new AWS 2FA page
  3. Enter 2FA code from 1 password
  4. 2FA says code doesnt match
  5. Click "Didnt Receive my OTP"
  6. Choose the option for AWS to text you a code
  7. Enter the texted code
  8. Says 2FA still doesnt match, but it takes you to the old 2FA page
  9. Enter 2FA code from 1password and it now lets me in.

Issue in action:

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:AWS 2FA

Comments

• Hey @apollorion:

Thanks for writing in! I've been doing some testing here, as well as taking a closer look with at your video. I notice that you ran into trouble when using the texted code, which 1Password definitely wouldn't be interfering with. It seems like this may be an issue that may be more about your specific AWS account. Let me know if you're still having trouble, and I can investigate a bit further with you.

(Just as an additional note, since your video contains some personal information, I've deleted your link to it.)

Jack

• apollorion
    apollorion
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Jack.P_1P I am still having this issue. It makes sense that it is an issue with my AWS account since its not accepting the texted code either. It would be awesome if you could help me troubleshoot it further, I've spent a few hours trying to figure it out and have basically accepted that I have to go through this strange flow now.

• Hey @apollorion:

To take a closer look at what could be going on, an email conversation might be the best bet. Please email support+x@1password.com with a link to this thread, and we'll be able to figure out what could be going on. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from our BitBot assistant with a support ID that looks like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect the dots and ensure it gets to the right place.

Jack

• apollorion
    apollorion
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P I emailed them and BitBot replied but it didnt give me a Support ID.

The subject, however, was AWS 2FA no longer working

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @apollorion, just following up with you on this. Are you still having trouble with 2fa for AWS? I did find your ticket, but I didn't see that the issue was resolved. Please let us know if you'd like more help!

• jonorn
    jonorn
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this same issue.

This discussion has been closed.