Touch ID does not focus when (locked) 1Password is opened in full screen

Options
prompt
prompt
Community Member

If 1Password is locked (automatically on manually) and I open 1Password, the touch ID prompt is displayed but does not have focus so I cannot authenticate with touch ID: I must bring the prompt into focus myself (by clicking on it (I haven't yet identified a keyboard based solution)) and then authenticate.

I'd love it if the touch ID prompt was launched in a focused state, so that I can open 1Password and immediately authenticate with touch ID. I had this problem in v7 too and figured it'd be fixed in v8, but it hasn't yet, so I'm surfacing it now just in case it's slipped under the radar.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Log in to 1Password
  2. Set the app to fullscreen (a whole workspace)
  3. Lock 1Password
  4. Open 1Password
  5. Observe the touch ID prompt is not in focus and does not respond to touch ID interaction

The first image is 1Password's state after opening it while locked.

The second image is the touch ID prompt in focus after I've clicked on it.

Thank you,

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.2

Comments

• Hey @prompt:

We've recently made some improvements to focus when 1Password is in fullscreen mode. Stay tuned for our next beta release and let me know if that improves your state of play!

Jack

• prompt
    prompt
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jack.P_1P, thank you for the response. I've updated to the latest version but I continue to experience the behavior described in my post. For confirmation, I am updated to...

1Password for Mac 8.6.0
    80600043, on BETA channel

• Hello @prompt, thank you for letting us know. We'll look into this on our end!

• thisisconlan
    thisisconlan
    Community Member
    Options

Was this ever addressed? I'm getting the same behavior on 1Password for Mac 8.8.0 (80800022, on NIGHTLY channel).

• ag_tommy
    Options

@thisisconlan

Same here on the nightly. You might be experiencing a regression. I'l ping those developers on your behalf. Thanks for bringing this up.

ref: dev/core/core#14990

• thisisconlan
    thisisconlan
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Thanks.

• prompt
    prompt
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

For what it's worth, I'm on the latest release from May 25th (80800104, on BETA channel) and I am continuing to experience this behaviour: the steps from my original post continue to reproduce the issue. I'm not in any rush to have it resolved, just echoing the above comment about it still being an issue so there's no ambiguity from my silence! :)

• thisisconlan
    thisisconlan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, gang. This issue was fixed for me for awhile, but it's back in the latest 8.8.0 beta and nightly builds.

• thisisconlan
    thisisconlan
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Any idea if this is a currently known issue? By the way, the original post mentions it happens in full screen, but for me it happens regardless of the window placement.

• @thisisconlan

Yes, this has been filed with the development team. Yep, you were included in that report. I'm sorry this behavior came back. That said, I no longer experience this, but I may not be the best barometer as I often need to install/uninstall troubleshooting for users.

Which build are you using currently, the beta, or nightly? I am on the nightly.

• thisisconlan
    thisisconlan
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Right now I'm using the nightly (80800186, on NIGHTLY channel), but I was on the beta and switched to nightly to see if it still happened (it does). I just tried reinstalling the app and it still happened. Not sure what's going on. If I can provide more info, let me know.

• @thisisconlan

Let's go ahead and get you into email support. If nothing else we've cemented the details. A diagnostic may yet yield something helpful. So please include that.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Click 1Password in the menu bar.
    3. Click Preferences.
    4. Click Advanced in the new window that appears.
    5. Click Send Diagnostics.
    6. Click Reveal.
    7. Attach the .1pdiagnostics file saved in that folder to your reply.

Please use support+forum@1password.com for that submission. You'll get a support id back. Please let me know what that id is.

Thanks,

• thisisconlan
    thisisconlan
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Thanks. Here's the id: [#YYV-55157-539]

• Thanks

ref: YYV-55157-539

This discussion has been closed.