Feature Request: TOTP Generator

Options
2»

Comments

• blalor
    blalor
    Community Member
    Options

This is something I'd really like to see, as well.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Your interest-vote for this has been noted, @blalor. Thanks! :)

• Daniel Matos
    Daniel Matos
    Community Member
    Options

I already trust 1Password to store my TOTP auth strings. It should really have a built-in code generator. This way I could centralize my whole security/password/login workflow on 1Password.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Daniel,

Thanks so much for trusting 1Password with your digital life! I'll be sure to add your vote for TOTP support to the existing request in our internal tracker.

ref: OPM-115

• Don MacAskill
    Don MacAskill
    Community Member
    Options

I would love this as well. I trust 1Password much more than Authy, Google Authenticator, etc. And 1Password is already "something you know [master password] + something you have [encrypted data]", so it seems like a perfect fit. Please count my vote. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey Don,

Your loving vote for TOTP support has been happily counted; thanks! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

I would hope for all of us stuck in 1Password 3.x that something can be done to improve the app's feature set. I was inelligible for upgrade to Mountain Lion/Mavericks as my system is below the Mid 2007 cut off date so I am stuck.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

I'm sorry to hear that you're stuck on an older operating system. Unfortunately, AgileBits is a small team, and there never seems to be enough hours in a day to implement all the cool features that we'd like to. At this time, our development efforts are focused on 1Password 4, so I can't promise that changes will be made to version 3.

Thanks so much for your understanding!

• knewt
    knewt
    Community Member
    Options

Would just like to note my support for this as well. Having a totp field alongside the password field would be really handy, keeping all of the login data together.

• o.ne
    o.ne
    Community Member
    Options

Please add my vote as well.
    TOTP Generator would be an awesome feature.
    I already have stored the secret parts of my TOTP tokens to 1P.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've added your TOTP support votes and comments to our internal tracker. Thanks, guys!

• trammel
    trammel
    Community Member
    Options

I already store my 2FA OATH tokens for Dropbox, Google, Microsoft Live and Facebook in 1Password. It'd be great if it could use those tokens to generate codes. The algorithms are public, and it'd be incredibly convenient.

Please add my vote to this feature request.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @trammel,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts here, I'll add your vote.

• scheeko
    scheeko
    Community Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

So the feature came to iOS with the new 1Password 5 update – cool!

However, it's not on the mac, with the 5.2 update. Was this a deliberate decision (keep it out of the non-mobile), or just a matter of time?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @scheeko,

We'd love to have this feature on all platforms, but at this time I can't comment on when we'll be able to release it. Thanks for letting us know that you're interested in seeing it on Mac. :)

This discussion has been closed.