I changed phones and no longer have my 1password authenticator on my phone. How can i get it back?

pennyb57
pennyb57
Community Member

Need to download authenticator app. but not sure how to get it. I have a QRC code in my emergency kit

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I changed phones and no longer have my 1password authenticator on my phone. How can i get it back?

Comments

• Hi @pennyb57:

If you need to download the 1Password for Android app again, you can access the Google Play link from our downloads page here: https://1password.com/downloads/android/

Let me know how you get on with that, or if you run into any trouble!

Jack

• pennyb57
    pennyb57
    Community Member

Hi Jack

I have the 1password app on my phone. I was trying to add the access on my browser and it wants a code from the authenticator. where do I find that code in the app then? i tried scanning the QRC with my google authenticator but it would not accept.

• Hello @pennyb57 thanks for your reply. Do you still have access to your authenticator app on your previous phone? Can you sign in to your account on the 1Password website or on your Android device?

• pennyb57
    pennyb57
    Community Member

@ag_timothy. No I do not have my old phone I can sign into one password from my current phone but cannot open it on my laptop without the authentication code. Nor can I use the browser extension without entering in the code. Kind of making 1password useless for me. I have the app but I need the authenticator

• Hi @pennyb57:

We've recently replied to your email message. Continuing the conversation there would be best, so please keep an eye out.

Jack

ref: YLM-45224-158

This discussion has been closed.