Import not working....

Options
Seattle2023
Seattle2023
Community Member
edited February 2022 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I recently changed from Keeper to 1Password (1P) and I am really struggling with this change. I am almost considering switching back. I imported all my passwords from Keeper into 1P and they are all there and correct. However when I go to log in to a website all I see is "No item to show". I have to go to my chrome extension and search for the password, I then have to copy and paste it into the field to log in. I can get it to work if I then save this information for later, however that just means that I will have 2 logins. This is just crazy and I don't have the patients for this.

I turned off Google Password for saving and offering passwords, I also deleted all of my passwords from there. I don't have this issue with my phone S9 because I usually just set it up with finger print unlock. I don't want to cancel this, yet I will if Keeper is more user friendly.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: 19044.1526

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Seattle2023

Any chance your URLs do not have https:// in them?

• Seattle2023
    Seattle2023
    Community Member
    Options

They all have the https://

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Seattle2023

Ah, Ok, I can see that the URL's were not placed in the proper location. How was this conversion, import done?

• Seattle2023
    Seattle2023
    Community Member
    Options

I did it with a CVS file from Keeper

• Seattle2023
    Seattle2023
    Community Member
    Options

Oh, I see, ok the url is in other instead of website,

Ok, that makes sense! Thank you! I was about to loose my mind!!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2022
    Options

@Seattle2023

You can import the Keeper CSV export, using 1Password.com. But it is critical that you correctly set the column titles. Their first column is what was a Folder path, so you can give it a custom field label. The next columns are the Title, Username, Password, URL, Notes, and your extra fields.

The problem with the 1Password.com CSV importer is that it will not convert their Folder path into Tags, so you will have to do that manually. Also, the custom Fields provided don't allow you to create your Field Label / Field Value pairs. Instead those each become single Fields.

If you want better fidelity, use the keeper converter in the converter suite . It will create correct Tag labels from your Keeper folders, and create correct Key/Value pairs for your custom fields. Like this:

Use whatever method is best for you.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I got the same problem when importing my exported JSON file from Enpass. Nearly all websites I found as other field, although I read your documentation for importing Enpass entries. Now I fixed all of my entries in 1Password manually. 😉

• Thanks for the additional input! 😀

This discussion has been closed.