1Password Extension for Safari

Options
Gatesway
Gatesway
Community Member
edited February 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Can't seem to download the extension for Safari 15.2. I'm running 1PW 7.9.2 and Monterey 12.2 The 1PW extension shows up when I click on Safari Extensions in the menu, but when I try to download it, it gives me an error.

THanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Gatesway! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password in Safari. If you're already using the 1Password 7 app on your Mac then you'll already have the built-in 1Password extension for Safari installed. You can enable the extension by following these steps:

1. Open Safari on your Mac.
    2. Click the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
    3. Click the Extensions tab and turn on 1Password.

Let me know if that helps. 😊

• Gatesway
    Gatesway
    Community Member
    Options

Seems when I upgraded to Monterey 12.2.1 just now, all the extension tools are working. Weird.

Thanks for the help!

• @Gatesway

I'm happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue by updating macOS. 😊

• eamiel
    eamiel
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave......My extension icon disappeared after updating to Monterey 12.2.1. (1P 7.9.2) The box is checked in Preferences>Extensions. Rebooting the computer didn't fix it. When I try Develop> Allow Unsigned Extensions, close Safari, reopen it, the extension icon flashes on and off quickly a couple of times and then it's gone. Any ideas? Thank you!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eamiel sorry for the delay in replying to you about this issue. To figure out what could be going on here, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• eamiel
    eamiel
    Community Member
    Options

I have already done that with tech support and they discovered that there were a few important files missing so they had me uninstall the app and reinstall it. It then worked like a charm. Thank you!

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@eamiel so glad things are working now! Feel free to reach out again if you need help :)

This discussion has been closed.