Migrated from Bitwarden to 1PW: having problems getting 1PW to recognize apps

Options
FrankBreech
FrankBreech
Community Member
edited February 2022 in Android

Hello!
I just migrated my 1500+ passwords from BW to 1PW, and I'm having a lot of growing pains. 1PW v. 7.9.1 (for Android)

I find that when I'm trying to get 1PW to autofill in an Android App (as opposed to an actual website in a browser), it does not recognize the call to the app, and I have to find it manually. Example: Ecobee thermostat. My entries in the website fields in 1PW are populated with these types of info from BW: androidapp://android, androidapp://com.ecobee.athenamobile, androidapp://com.thehomeremote.homeremote, etc).

Then, when I make the manual connection between the two, 1PW will create this new entry in website: http://auth.ecobee.com/ (and then a bunch of random numbers/characters grayed-out).

Is there any way I can make this process easier for myself, or do I have to go thru every entry and do this manually for the 1st time I use it?

Thank you all for your gracious help and this wonderfully vibrant support community!

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: 2.2.3 (Opera)(CHromium)
OS Version: Android 12 OneUI 4.0

Comments

• FrankBreech
    FrankBreech
    Community Member
    Options

OK so I think my entire post above is.... wrong? I can't seem to recreate this situation.

I still have issues with 1PW recognizing sites/apps; I find I have to search for the app/site in 1PW and then tell it "Yes, it is OK to associate this login entry with this site/app" and then everything is ok from then on.

Why is this? My 1PW entries I imported from BW have https:// entries or app entries, and they match the sites I'm going to. Why do I have to manually search for and then "OK" the linkage?

thank you!

• FrankBreech
    FrankBreech
    Community Member
    Options

One other thing: I don't seem to get this warning ("are you sure you want to link X to Y site?") on Windows. It seems to be just on Android. 1) is this correct and 2) why?

Thank you!! :D

• FrankBreech
    FrankBreech
    Community Member
    Options

A ha! So i'm trolling here from the Android side of the community (!) and I wonder: is this the same thing that happens with Android apps? That they each have an associated domain? (and if not, then we are forced to pick the site/add the site to the 1PW login entry?)

• This discussion was created from comments split from: Reduce 1Password security and associate logins with applications on iOS.
  • Hello @FrankBreech thanks for your question. If a Login was created outside an app, such as through an Autofill prompt in your browser or directly in 1Password, you will need to link the item to the app. After the first time you approve 1Password to use a specific Login for a specific app and sign in successfully a link between the two will be created.

Those links won't be imported from other password managers but website links can be. If the URL is saved in the website field of a Login item 1Password should offer the Login on that website. Do you have Login items for websites with the appropriate URL saved in the website field of the item that are not previewed?

As to your last point, Autofill on Android doesn't have the same associated domains stipulation as Apple's Password Autofill framework does so the behavior will be different.

• This discussion was created from comments split from: Linked Apps.
This discussion has been closed.