Missing toolbar icon in Chrome

Options

I have the 1PW extensions (the version saying Desktop app required) in Chrome on my Mac, but the icon does not appear in the toolbar. I have checked and the extension is on.

How do I get it back?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• miles.parker
    miles.parker
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there,

It sounds like the extension hasn't been pinned to the toolbar, try this:

1. Click the Extensions menu (puzzle piece icon) in the toolbar.
    2. Click the pin icon next to 1Password.
  • danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hmm, are those by any chance instructions for Chrome on a PC or a phone. I have a Mac, running OS 12.2.1, and the latest Chrome.

No puzzle piece icon in the toolbar. There is the three dots icon, where I can find More Tools, which includes Extensions. And the 1Password extension is turned on.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @danco, here is a screenshot of the puzzle piece icon in Chrome's toolbar: https://cln.sh/uiSr5q.

This should indeed appear in Chrome on a Mac. Could you double check and let us know if you're able to find it? If not, please share a screenshot of your browser window with us. There's not a way to attach a screenshot to a reply, but you can link to it. You can also send us an email at support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

OK. Found it. Didn't look like a puzzle piece to me. Sure enough, the 1PW extension was there but not pinned.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danco Glad you found it. I hope things work well going forward. Let us know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.