Cannot change date format to DD/MM/YYYY

Options
CCal
CCal
Community Member

I want to change the date field to the format DD/MM/YYYY

I see a setting under Advanced, but there is only English (US) which is not what I want.
I set it to System defaults, but it does not seem to work. My system locale is most definitely DD/MM/YYYY as seen in the time and date in Windows.

So how can I set the date format to DD/MM/YYYY?

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W11

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ccal !

I'm using 1Password 8 beta build 8.6.0-26 on a German Windows 11 and for me the date format is DD/MM/YYYY as you can see on my screenshot.

Maybe you could try the beta build if it looks different to you?
    https://releases.1password.com/windows/beta/

• CCal
    CCal
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @DenalB ,

Yes, changing the locale within 1Password settings to German does give the correct Date format I want, but it also changes everything to German, which I do not understand.

That is the same with the production 8.5.0 and also in the Beta 8.6.0 26Beta.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

but it also changes everything to German

For me, this is okay. But I understand your concern... 😕

• Vytux
    Vytux
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that is very much needed. Still do not understand why the rest of the English speaking world is forced to use the silly US date format that is not used by anyone else.

• Hi folks, thanks for your feedback here. We do have an open request from this one, so I'll add your additions from this discussion to that existing issue. We'll keep the improvements coming!

ref: dev/core/core#8747

This discussion has been closed.