How do I keep mini window open on macOS AFTER copying password or ID?

Options
rob_gendreau
rob_gendreau
Community Member

At present, when I open the mini window, and even if it's torn off to be free floating, as soon as I copy user name or password it closes. Then I have to reopen, search again, and copy the OTHER item. REALLY tedious. I couldn't find an option to change that behavior. And on many websites the user ID and password are on different pages. Drag and drop isn't an option on these.

Did I just miss a setting? how do I keep the mini window open to the item currently selected?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1

Comments

• Hello @rob_gendreau! πŸ‘‹

You can Pin an item so that it stays open on your screen by following these steps:

1. Open 1Password Mini.
    2. Search for an item.
    3. Tap on Pin on Screen.

The item will now stay open and remain on top of other windows open on your Mac.

That being said, is there a reason why you're copying and pasting your usernames and passwords into websites? I recommend that you use 1Password in the browser which can fill your usernames and passwords right inside of your browser without you having to search for a specific item: Get started with 1Password in your browser

Let me know if that helps. 😊

• rob_gendreau
    rob_gendreau
    Community Member
    Options

That helps. I assumed dragging it off with the mouse produced the same result, but it doesn't (not sure why). This solves the problem; thanks!

• @rob_gendreau

I'm happy that I was able to help answer your question. 😊

This discussion has been closed.