1Password Changes My Username

Options

I use the same Username on multiple sites. On several occasions 1Password has changed my saved Username to my email address. I have to go into 1Password and change the Username back to what it was before, then save. Why does this keep happening?

I primarily use the browser plug-in.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:username changes

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hey @UsernameUnavailable

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. Could you please walk us through an example where this is happening?

Ben

• UsernameUnavailable
    Options

It just happened to me again. There's a site that I occasionally sign into, and instead of my Username populating the Username field, my email appears instead. I now have to manually update 1Password with my correct Username. I can't say how long this will keep and when I'll have to fix this again.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @UsernameUnavailable, could you share the URL to the websites where you've seen this happen? Once we get those details, we can investigate further.

• Hello @UsernameUnavailable,

Thank you for the link. I tested 1Password on your website, and it can detect the username and password fields correctly for me. In this case, please try these steps to create a new login manually for your site and see how it works?

1. Go to your website > Enter your Username and Password > Right-click on the 1Password icon on your browser's toolbar > Select "Save Login" > Click on "Update login" > Select "Save new item" > Save.

2. Refresh the page and try filling in using the new item.

If the new login item works, you can move the old item to the trash.

This discussion has been closed.