HELP!!!! - 1Password Beta 8.6 BROKEN in Safari

Options
mdvzo
mdvzo
Community Member
edited February 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I can no longer access 1Password Beta 8.6 in Safari on macOS Monterey. The extension does not show as available as of today. I am running Safari 12.3

1Password Version: 8.6
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: 12.2

Comments

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

I have tried everything to get it working and this is crippling to me!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mdvzo

1Password 8 does not contain an extension for Safari ("Safari App Extension"), like 1Password 7 did. Instead we're using Apple's newer Safari Web Extension framework, which requires a separate download. You can find that here:

https://apps.apple.com/app/1password-for-safari/id1569813296

I hope that helps!

Ben

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I know that and that is what I have been using for months now and it is broken!

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

Stopped working today. It is installed on my computer but not recognized in Safari

• Ben
    Options

Okay, thanks for confirming that. Could you please clarify what you mean when you say "does not show as available?" It isn't listed in Safari's extension preferences at all? If that is the case, you may be running up against Safari's extension cache, which can be refreshed using this command in the Terminal.

Ben

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

I get the popup but it does not redirect you and if I go to Safari preferences 1P is no longer listed

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thanks so much for your quick response and resolution!

• mdvzo
    mdvzo
    Community Member
    Options

I have been a 1Password user since v3 and access to these forums is invaluable. It is nice to get such prompt response when you have an issue such as this. Thanks again!

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. Happy to help. 😀

Ben

This discussion has been closed.