Migration Incomplete

Options
MikeV99
MikeV99
Community Member

The number of items in the subscription vault does not match the number in the standalone vault. Why?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    Options

Is it possible for my wife, daughter, and myself to use the same account (same userid/password) in the subscription service but each of us have our own vault that is available to the others?

Which version of 1PW is installed with a new subscription?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided

• Hi @MikeV99:

A 1Password account allows you to use the currently available supported versions of the 1Password apps. You can create multiple vaults inside a 1Password account, but generally speaking there are going to be items in a family that not every individual would want shared. For example, I wouldn't want my personal email accounts always visible to a parent or partner. With a 1Password individual account, there isn't any way of restricting a specific device signed in to it from being able to see and modify the contents of all vaults in the account.

1Password Families may be the better setup for your situation. With 1Password Families, every member of your family gets a Private vault only they can access, as well as a Shared vault that all three of you could access.

Jack

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    Options

I understand. However, my daughter will need to have access to my 1PW account and already has our UID/PWs. At 80/81 yo or files are pretty boring and she will need them to manage the estate upon our passing. If we had a Family vault we would need to put everything in the Shared.

What are the currently supported versions of 1PW with a subscription?

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    Options

Can the "Personal" vault be renamed? Can items be copied/moved from one vault to another?

• Hello @MikeV99! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into an issue when migrating from a standalone vault to a 1Password account. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• @MikeV99

At the moment 1Password 7 is the current official release of 1Password for the Mac. There's also a beta version of 1Password 8 available that we're hoping to finish and release in the future. If you have a 1Password membership then you'll be able to install 1Password 7 now and 1Password 8 when it's finished and released in the future.

Can the "Personal" vault be renamed? Can items be copied/moved from one vault to another?

The "Personal" vault cannot be renamed because it's the default vault that comes with all 1Password accounts. However you can rename any of the other vaults that you create. You can copy/move items between vaults using this guide: Move and copy items

Let me know if that helps. 😊

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    Options

I am having to start completely over. I ended up having 2 or 3 of the same items trying to fix the copy. I deleted the account and used dropbox to restore my standalone account. I figured it was more current than the last backup. I don't like the migration tool that moves instead of copies. I wish I knew the best way to copy ALL the standalone items into PERSONAL. I am trying to set up a family account.

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    Options

I'll let you know since my 1st try destroyed my standalone vault and put 2 or 3 of each item in PERSONAL.

• @MikeV99

Thank you for the reply. I've merged the two threads that you created in order to reduce confusion.

We do have a guide on our website on migrating standalone vaults to 1Password accounts but in this case I recommend that you work directly with our team over email to finish the migration. Please let me know when you receive the Support ID number after sending in your diagnostics report and I'll be happy to make sure that our team helps you with the migration. 😊

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    Options

I used the Select All, Copy to Vault to get a clean copy. I did not find it amusing that my entire standalone vault was destroyed and the number of items in the Private vault tripled. The only thing that saved me during this 14 day Trial process was Rewind in Dropbox and Backup/Restore. Neither of those capabilities are possible with a family subscription. The lack of 1-2-3 backup with 1PW7 Family is making me very nervous. I am not going to add a family member until I decide what is next. This migration fiasco only amplifies my concern with how vulnerable I am having to depend on a single point of failure ... Agile.

My Windows 1PW7 is still Read Only.

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Nevermind --- found the answer to my encryption question.

• Hi @MikeV99:

Glad to hear that you found the answer to your question. Were you able to get everything migrated successfully? Let me know! 🙂

Jack

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member
    Options

I believe so. Still have a couple of IOS devices to finish.

• @MikeV99

Sounds good. Let us know if you run into any other issues. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.