REQUEST: Please add native Extension/Sidebar to Opera Browser

Options

I maybe part of the minority but PLEASE10X add native Extension and Sidebar (sidebar is Important!) for the Opera Browser. I'm trying to look for a way to add 1Password native extension to Opera in multiple forums, help pages, etc. but to no avail.

Yes, I know Chrome Extensions exists to port Chrome browser into Opera, but if 1Password can create extension for Firefox, Brave (even if in beta for now), hoping they can make for Opera Browser too (Yes! We Opera users do exist). This is the only thing that's keeps me from switching Bitwarden (BW has native opera extension) to 1Password completely.

IMHO, comparing the two, it's obvious 1Pass is way more superior than BW (Design UI, Features, TRAVEL MODE, lots of credentials to add, etc.) that's why I'm planning to switch.

Hoping for the best! Fingers crossed 🤞🤞

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:PLEASE add native Opera Browser Extension and Sidebar.

Comments

• Hello @HKMQ,

Thank you for getting back. Brave, Opera, Vivaldi, Edge are all Chromium based browsers and all of them use the exact same 1Password version. With that said, although 1Password will technically work in Opera, I'd like to suggest considering a different browser, like Firefox or Brave. We've removed Opera from our trusted browser list while evaluating whether the allegations against them engaging in questionable behavior (like collecting user data without permission & deploying predatory load apps to their store) are true. I just wanted to give you a heads up — Your security is our top priority. :)

This discussion has been closed.