Can't create new item, "Failed to save"

Cannot save changes
Hello,

I am using 1password Pro 3.5.2 on iPhone 4, when I try to create a new item I receive the message:

Cannot save changes
Failed to save : file is encrypted or is not a database.

Between < and > are my words.

I backed up between 3.5.1 and 3.5.2 and performed a test restore, I don't sync to any other locations/devices at present. I believe I have created a new item successfully since, but this afternoon could not.

hmm, I have bigger problems than that, no information for old/existing entries are appearing at all??? The entries are there but appear blank.

hmmm, closed the application (double click home, hold on icon, click the red minus) and opened it again and all my info is back.

I can create new items and save generated passwords now.

Will post this FYI

Kind regards,

Nick

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2010
    NickA wrote:

Hello,

I am using 1password Pro 3.5.2 on iPhone 4, when I try to create a new item I receive the message:

Cannot save changes
    Failed to save : file is encrypted or is not a database.

Between < and > are my words.

I backed up between 3.5.1 and 3.5.2 and performed a test restore, I don't sync to any other locations/devices at present. I believe I have created a new item successfully since, but this afternoon could not.

hmm, I have bigger problems than that, no information for old/existing entries are appearing at all??? The entries are there but appear blank.

hmmm, closed the application (double click home, hold on icon, click the red minus) and opened it again and all my info is back.

I can create new items and save generated passwords now.

Will post this FYI

Kind regards,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thank you for sharing the report with us, I know many people are going to find this useful. Restarting 1Password on iOS 4 by killing it completely should fix this issue as it did for your case.
  • jofallon
    jofallon
    Community Member
    edited September 2010
    MikeT wrote:

Hi Nick,

Thank you for sharing the report with us, I know many people are going to find this useful. Restarting 1Password on iOS 4 by killing it completely should fix this issue as it did for your case.

I've been getting this same error regularly. I kill all unused programs in the ios 4 task manager pretty often. And even after quitting and restarting, it happens again. Kind of seems like 1Password doesn't do the background multi-tasking thing quite right yet.
This discussion has been closed.