putting a vault from a old mac. to 1 pass8 for windows cant upgrade the mac

Options

My Wife had a Apple and I'm a windows guy. her machine is to old to upgrade so that I can put 1pass7 on it. I have all of her login information but would like to get rid of the machine so I would like to make a vault on my account and transfer her information over.is there any way this can be done? Thank goodness she had everything in 1pass when she died I had no problem getting into all her accounts to take care of final business but some I would like to keep with out typing them one at a time. Thanks, 43 wonderful years

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:putting a vault from a old mac. to 1 pass8 for windows cant upgrade the mac

Comments

• Hi @johnneedshelp:

First, I'm sorry to hear about your loss, and I'd be happy to help you out.

As a basic outline of possible options:

• If you're able to install 1Password 6 for Mac on your wife's Mac, you can add everything to a new vault in your 1Password account that way.
    • You can also export a .CSV file or .1PIF file depending on the version of 1Password your wife had previously installed.

We'd like to make this as easy as possible for you, so it may be best to handle this over email to ensure that we can discuss specifics, without sharing any of your details in public here on the Support Community. Send an email to support+forum@1password.com, and include a link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/127721/putting-a-vault-from-a-old-mac-to-1-pass8-for-windows-cant-upgrade-the-mac#latest.

We'll take a look and walk you through the steps to help you get your wife's account information moved over. Thanks for reaching out, and I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.