Conflicts between v 7 and v 8?

Options

I have downloaded v 8 (beta) and even if it is a beta it hasn't created any havoc on my computer. I still have v 7 aswell, but I read in the 1Password forum that it was advised only to use one due to conflicts with the Safari Extensions (if I understood it correct).
I then uninstalled v 8 and was to run only v 7. But then I got a lot of problems, mainly v 7 would not start I just got a message that it was already running. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, same issue. Could not start it. And had to force quit even if it really wasn't active.
Then I installed v 8 (beta) again and then both worked. But now sometimes only v 7 works, v 8 does not open now and then.
I also have 2 easy access plugins in Safari:
1Password Browser Extension (version 2.2.3) and the other one is just 1Password 7.9.2. Both are in the menu bar. One is in Swedish and the other one in English.
Anyone else have seen these issues? If so-shall I delete it again, using AppCleaner?
Shall I use just v 8 (beta) after that? It seems stable enough.

1Password Version: 7.9.2 and 8.6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2022
    Options

@TomasA

Which version of the app are you going to use? 1Password 8 only uses 1Password for Safari and 1Password 7 only uses 1Password extension (7.9.2). Since you have mentioned the beta twice. I'll go that route as you would like to use it. 🙂

Quit 1Password completely using our helper in the menu bar.

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select quit 1Password completely. - Quits 1Password 7.
    2. Select the other helper in the menu bar and select quit 1Password. - Quits 1Password 8
    3. Quit your browser. Especially Safari.
    4. Drag 1Password 7 to the trash from the Applications folder.
    5. Open 1Password (8) - restarts the helper.
    6. Open Safari - enable 1Password for Safari.
    • Please do not use an app-cleaner. They can get over zealous and remove data. We do not want that to happen.
This discussion has been closed.