I can't change a language.

Hello.
I can't change a language of 1password to eng.
I used english language (my region is Poland). I change my OS X language to Russian (I had to write inrussian - cyrylic).
When I again changed OS X language to Polish - there is still russian in 1password app.
System Preferences > Language & Text > Region is Polish.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

The region setting will affect dates, times, and numbers. What is System Preferences > Language & Text > Language set to? And where are you seeing the different languages in the app? Could you post a screenshot showing what you mean? That would be very helpful.

Thanks!

• Marek Kunicki
    Marek Kunicki
    Community Member
    edited May 2013

And where are you seeing the different languages in the app?

And System Preferences > Language & Text > Language is set to Polish.

Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Have you quit and restarted 1Password? Changing the language requires a restart of each app.

If that didn't do the trick, does restarting your Mac help?

• Marek Kunicki
    Marek Kunicki
    Community Member

Yes, I have restarted 1password; I have tried to restart Mac. It doesn't work. I have cyrylic all time...

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I have tried to restart Mac. It doesn't work.

Do you mean that restarting your Mac doesn't work? Or that you actually restarted your Mac but it didn't help?

I'm wondering if your 1Password installation is damaged in some way. Please try installing a fresh copy of 1Password from our website like this:

1. Visit the 1Password download page:
      http://agilebits.com/downloads
    2. Click on the "Download Now" button under "1Password 3"
    3. Quit your web browser and 1Password, if it's running
    4. Drag the newly downloaded version of 1Password to the same location as any previous one -- replacing it
    5. Run 1Password at least once and then your web browser

Your information is stored in a data file separate from the application, so it will not be harmed by this procedure.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Marek Kunicki
    Marek Kunicki
    Community Member

I did tips 1-5. It haven't work.
    I can't open Troubleshooting utility - I have OS X 10.6.8 and this app can be open in 10.7 at least.
    I can't find Diagnostic Report in Help menu - it's in russian (cyrylic).

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Let's try generating the report a different way. Using your browser, please download a small standalone tool from our site to run a network copy of the Diagnostics Report procedure:

http://i.agilebits.com/ms/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use the Finder (or Spotlight) to locate 1Password_diagnostics in your browser’s download folder. If the located file name ends with “.zip”, the browser has not already expanded the downloaded archive so please double-click it to force it to be expanded.

The expanded download result you are looking for will be a Unix Executable File (as reported in the Finder’s “Kind” column when in list view) named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking that file will cause a Terminal window to appear, automatically downloading the latest (possibly unreleased) copy of the 1Password Diagnostics Report tool and will run it for you.

Hopefully it will show you instructions at the end on how to save the resulting Diagnostics Report from your web browser so that it can be attached to an email message to us: support@ agilebits .com

Any output seen in the Terminal window may help to determine additional problems with permissions on your system that could impact 1Password. Please copy the entire output (easy way: Command-A, followed by Command-C) and paste it into a response for us to look at.

Again, please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

• Marek Kunicki
    Marek Kunicki
    Community Member

thanks, I sent report do support.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Someone will reply as soon as possible if they haven't already. Just to be sure, did you send the report from a different email address than the one you used for this forum? I searched our inbox for your report, but nothing showed up. All I had to go on was the adderss you used here, though, so if you sent it from another address that would explain it.

Please let me know. Cheers!

• Marek Kunicki
    Marek Kunicki
    Community Member

Yes, I sent mail form a different email. (..@interia.pl)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

That's the one I was searching for. It's not showing up anywhere. Could you try sending it again? Perhaps from another account? I'm not sure what might be going on that we didn't get it.

• Marek Kunicki
    Marek Kunicki
    Community Member

I have got an answer. Problem was, that I had language order Polish and Russian in he System Preferences > Language & Text > Languages option. When I put English between Pol and Rus - all is OK.
    Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad everything is working well. If you need further assistance in the future, please let me know. We can use PMs if email isn't working for you.

This discussion has been closed.