1P in browser add-in not updating

I made some changes in a number of passwords in the 1P program (Mac, v. 3.8.21) on my work computer, but I'm not seeing the updated passwords when I try to access them via the browser add-in (in Safari, Firefox and Chrome), on the same system on which I made the changes in 1P. Strangely, I DO see the revised passwords when accessing 1P via the add-in from home. I'm syncing via Dropbox, and there's no problem with the Dropbox sync (otherwise, the passwords would not be up to date on my home computer). How can I get the browser add-ins to refresh/update their data to be synced with the data in the 1P program?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Do you see a red badge on the 1Password toolbar button in Safari, Chrome, or Firefox?

Does it help if you select Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Helper from the menu bar in 1Password?

I wouldn't go through the trouble in all the browsers just yet until you know it works in one, but try removing the 1Password extension from Safari and then reinstall it.

Please let me know if that helps.

• igal27
    igal27
    Community Member

Thanks, restarting the helper seems to have done the trick (it took a few minutes to update though).

HOWEVER, since you mentioned it, I did notice that there is a red exclamation mark in the drop-down menu that I get using the Firefox extension (it doesn't appear in Safari or Chrome). When I click it, it tells me that "the 1P helper process is experiencing problems". I've tried restarting the helper a couple more times, quitting and restarting Firefox, but the red exclamation mark remains (i DO, however, see the revised passwords I introduced recently). Do you have a suggestion for how to get rid of this warning?

In case it can help identify the problem, here is the troubleshooting report:

System Information
    System time 2013-5-2 : 11:5:10
    Browser version Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0

1Password Extension Information
    Extension version 3.9.14 (release notes)
    Database created at 2013-3-18 : 11:50:48
    Instance UUID dcd654f0...8704
    Uptime (mins) 1

1Password Helper Information
    Connection status Connected
    Last Sync Error
    1Password Helper version 3.8.21 (32009)
    Heart beat interval (sec) 20
    Heart beat acknowledged No
    Number of heart beats 0
    Round trip elapse time (ms)
    Data update in progress No
    Last data update completed at 2013-5-2 : 11:1:55
    Data update elapse time (ms) 163

1Password Extension Settings
    Autosave enabled YES
    Autosubmit enabled YES
    Universal Unlock enabled YES
    Conceal Passwords YES
    Avoid Autosave on Domains ""

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

If the issue is only in Firefox, my guess is that this should get it working. Let's try completely removing and reinstalling the Firefox extension. Other browsers handle the removal of the SQLite file automatically when you remove the extension, but you will need to do this manually for Firefox:

1. In Firefox, select Tools > Add-ons from the menu bar.
    2. Click the Remove button to remove the 1Password extension.
    3. Quit Firefox.
    4. In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder from the menu bar.
    5. Copy and paste the following path and press Return:

~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles

6. Move the OnePassword.sqlite file you see there to the desktop.

Then reinstall the 1Password extension in Firefox:

https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html

Once everything is working well, you can safely move the OnePassword.sqlite file on the desktop to the trash.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.