Feature Request - Dated objects or reminders

Can't say enough about what a great, amazing tool 1Password is. Simply the answer to everything I need.

In thinking about it there is one feature I'd love to see added. I'd call them either dated objects or reminders. Here is my rational:

We all have computers. Some of us keep track of stuff in iCal and if you work like I do for a Windows entrenched company you have outlook as well.

For years I've accumulated various dates I want to remember such as birthdays, passing dates of friends or relatives, dates I have to renew some thing. Sure I can plug these into whatever I'm currently using as a calendar program but if you are like me as you've changed from one piece of software to the next over the years you've lost some important date info.

Hence my feature request:

Sort of like notes but with a date attached I'd love to have a place in 1Password to enter things like:

November 18th 1993 - Dad passed away
March 19th, 1996 - Son's birthday
September 30th 2013 - Second bonus check due
etc...

Like a calendar I'd like to have them be repeatable or one-shot. When I open 1Password it would be nice to click on this list of dated objects and see them sorted by the closest ones.

If you want to go for the big bang then have a small window when you open 1Password that shows you the closest upcoming set of dated things.

Yes all of this can be done in iCal or Outlook. But again there is no way to transport those dates easily and keep them secure. For me this would be the ideal place to store important dates. We are already using 1Password to store important notes and all the other password/account stuff. This seems like the next logic thing!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Can't say enough about what a great, amazing tool 1Password is. Simply the answer to everything I need.

Thank you, Mark! It is our pleasure to develop and support 1Password, and we're thrilled to know you love it like we do. :)

I'm also glad that you see 1Password as more stable and ubiquitous across multiple platforms and years of usage than other calendaring solutions. We never say "never", but I suspect this may be a bit outside the realm of what functions 1Password is intended to perform.

I just use iCloud for my calendar syncing (and MobileMe before it), but you could also use Google Calendar (even with native clients on each platform). There are also a number of other applications that are specifically designed for syncing calendar data. I suspect they are already doing this much better than we ever could by just "tacking it on" to 1Password.

All that said, I'll certainly pass your request along to the developers. We love receiving feedback! Please keep it coming.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.