Chrome in-built password autofill overlaying 1Password, can't turn off?

Options

Currently running the 1Password Chrome Browser extension, when I click on the login fields on websites it brings up a dropdown from what I assume is the Chrome in-built password manager. If I click the 1Password logo (which appears on the right hand inside of the login field box) I can see a shadow toggling on and off behind the Chrome password autofill drop down, which suggests the 1Password dropdown IS popping up, it's just hidden behind the Chrome one.

I've gone into Chrome Settings and toggled off the Auto Sign-In feature to see if that helps, it didn't, I can't find many other settings anywhere that would turn this dropdown list off or allow 1Password to override it that it doesn't already have permission to do.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

1Password Version: version 2.3.0
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @JordanEscrig! Is the 1Password extension set up as your browser's main password manager? You can find that by doing the following:

1. Right-click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, go to "Make 1Password the default password manager" and turn it on.

If you're still seeing suggestions from Chrome after doing that, please share a screenshot with us, and we can take a closer look.

As a note, there's not a way to attach a screenshot to your reply. However, you can link to it, or you can email the screenshot to us at support+forum@1Password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.