Password in Wrong Field

When I visit my company website the password is entered in the PIN field instead of the Password field. Any way I can change this behaviour?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I can't reproduce that exact issue, but it isn't filling perfectly in my testing either. When I just saved a new Login item there it fills the username and PIN correctly, but the password doesn't get filled. The problem is that the page is using invalid markup. The password and PIN fields both have the name "password". They also both have the ID "password". They are literally identical from a semantic standpoint. :(

The code on the page will need to change and be valid. (It is not valid HTML to share an ID. They are required to be unique. Names can be shared, but it is really not a good practice.)

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer, but perhaps you can contact the person in charge of that page at your company and have them fix it.

• chrispar
    chrispar
    Community Member

Thanks for that, Khad, rubbish company IT!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Wish I could help more. You might be surprised if you contact them. They might be happy to make such a tiny change. It's worth a shot. :)

This discussion has been closed.