Deleting 1Password V7

I just recently had a meltdown on my hard drive and had to reinstall stuff. Running Windows 10 with Firefox. I accidentally installed the latest version of 1P on the browser, but want to reinstall my original v 4.6.2.626. How do I delete the newer 1P from my browser as I can't reinstall v 4 until it is taken down?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• stuie
    stuie
    Community Member

I already have v4.6.2.626 installed on my computer, I'm just trying to put it back on my browser. I think I have deleted the newer version from the browser but don't know exactly how to install it on Firefox.

• stuie
    stuie
    Community Member

Just one more thing. Every time I try to add the extension in my browser, it's for v7.

• Hi @stuie:

Thanks for asking! You can download the 1Password classic extension here: Get the 1Password classic extension

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• stuie
    stuie
    Community Member

Went to the link you gave me, clicked on "Install the 1Password classic extension" for Firefox, and nothing happened. There was a quick flash of something, maybe a download, but that's it. Closed down my browser, and looked for the extension but couldn't find it. I forgot maybe one step and I'll try that now. That is to restart my computer. Will let you know if I find it after that.

• stuie
    stuie
    Community Member

Rebooted the computer, found nothing anywhere. Looked for a possible Extension added to Firefox, nothing. Looked in my Downloads folder and all I had there was the 4.6.2.626 installer from this morning. Still no sign of the extension. Even went to Customize Toolbar in case it somehow got in there without me knowing, nothing. What am I missing?

• Hey @stuie:

Thanks for following up. Just to confirm, if you open the Firefox menu, and choose Addons, then Extensions, is 1Password there?

Let me know, and I can dig into it further with you!

Jack

• stuie
    stuie
    Community Member

Yes, that was the first thing I did. No, it wasn't listed so I couldn't go into more tools to add it to my toolbar.

• Hi @stuie:

Thanks for following up. Let's try installing the extension directly:

1.Making sure that you're using Firefox, click here to download the 1Password classic extension.
    2. After opening the link, you should be prompted to add the 1Password extension, as shown here:

Let me know if that works, or if you're still running into trouble.

Jack

• stuie
    stuie
    Community Member

Finally, it looks like it worked. Thanks so much for your help with this. For some reason, the other download link you had in your first response wasn't working. Thanks again, and have a great weekend.

• Hey @stuie:

Glad to hear the direct link got you up and running again! Please get in touch if you need anything in the future. 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.