1Password 7 (7.9.3) and Chrome (99.0.4844.7) - extension asks for update

I use 1Password 7 in Version 7.9.3 (70903004) Mac App Store and the latest Chrome Version 99.0.4844.74 (Official Build) (x86_64)
The chrome extension refuses to work and insists on an updated Chrome version.
Please advise.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1

Comments

• Hi @stockwerk5:

I'm sorry to hear you're running into trouble, and I'd be happy to get you up and running again. As a quick first step, does restarting the 1Password Extension Helper improve your state of play? Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password Extension Helper

Let me know, and if that doesn't work I can dig into it further!

Jack

• stockwerk5
    stockwerk5
    Community Member

Jack, that was the trick! Thank you. I tried a lot but was not thinking of that solution.

• Glad to hear that did it for you @stockwerk5!

Be sure to get in touch if you need anything in the future.

Jack

• hotoutside
    hotoutside
    Community Member

Same problem. Restarting the Extension helper did not do anything for me.

Clicking the 1Password icon shows

MacOS 12.2.1
    1Password 4.7.5.90 Chrome Extension
    1Password 7.9.3 (70903004)
    Chrome 99.0.4844.74

• hotoutside
    hotoutside
    Community Member

Just stopped working this week.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @hotoutside, can you try the following to see if it helps?

1. Quit the 1Password app completely:
        * Open 1Password.
        * Right-click the 1Password icon in the top menu bar and select Quit 1Password Completely.
    2. Quit your browser:
        * Open your browser.
        * Click the name of your browser in the menu bar and choose Quit.
    3. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    4. Open your browser and see if the issue is resolved.

If that doesn't help, let's try fully restarting your computer. Let us know that goes!

• ehed
    ehed
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

I have the same issue. Updated chrome yesterday I assume when I rebooted. I tried restarting the extension helper, quitting chrome, and quitting 1password, still not working. I see a chrome message that says "1password can't verify the identity of your browser" when I start up... maybe that's a clue?

• jeremydunn
    jeremydunn
    Community Member

I have the same problem. Using 1Password 7.9.2 and Chrome 99.0.4844.74, the extension will not work even after restarting. I do see the identity error others have reported as well.

• jeremydunn
    jeremydunn
    Community Member

Ah, I see now there's 7.9.3 available. Strange because I checked for updates just an hour ago. 7.9.3 is working.

• @jeremydunn:

Does updating 1Password to 7.9.3, and then quitting both Chrome and 1Password for Mac improve your state of play?

Hi @ehed:

Do you have 1Password 7 for Mac, or 1Password 6 for Mac? Let me know, and I can dig in further with you!

Jack

• ehed
    ehed
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

Hi Jack, I'm running 1Password 7 for Mac. I ended up somehow getting prompted to (re?)install the chrome extension in the pop up window when I hit CMD-\, and now things are slightly improved.

1Password appears within form inputs and when I click on the extension, but my CMD-\ keystroke still shows a prompt to install the Chrome extension (which, if I follow the link to, takes me to a page that says "Remove from Chrome", indicating that it's already installed.

Also I tried restarting the Chrome Extension helper again and I got the same prompt I posted as earlier saying 1P can't verify the identity of my browser.

• Hey @ehed:

Thanks for confirming. Do you currently have any updates available for 1Password 7? Version 7.9.3 contains the fixes for Chrome's new signing certificate: How to keep 1Password up to date

Let me know!

Jack

• ehed
    ehed
    Community Member

Hi Jack, yes I am running that version already, there are no updates available when I checked just now.

• ehed
    ehed
    Community Member

Hi Jack, wondering what I should try next? 1P chrome is still not working.

Chrome v 99.0.4844.83
    1Password 7 v 7.9.3 (70903003)

• @ehed

We may need to look deeper. Before you send the report below can you check your device? Do you have any extra older copies of 1Password, by chance? I had an instance of this earlier this week.

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: ehed
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/127982/1password-7-7-9-3-and-chrome-99-0-4844-7-extension-asks-for-update

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• ehed
    ehed
    Community Member

Hi Tommy

No, I don't haver any older copies of 1Password.

Here's the Support ID number: [#XGU-67518-127]

• ehed
    ehed
    Community Member

Actually I have 7.9.2 and 7.8.7 in my time machine backups; there may be some other subversions i could find between those two in my TM backups if there's a specific one that you'd like me to try to find.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ehed I located your ticket and it looks like the issue has been resolved. I hope things work well going forward. Feel free to give us another shout out if you need any help!

• donblanco
    donblanco
    Community Member

why didn't 7.9.2 auto-update to 7.9.3? I had to manually check, then update.

This discussion has been closed.