Go & Fill not working as expected in Firefox 20 on Mac

harby
harby
Community Member
edited May 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have difficulties in getting the Go & Fill functionality working in Firefox 20 on my mac.
I've downloaded 1password from the AppStore and installed the browser extension for Firefox.

Once I visit gmail for instance and press command + \, the Fill & Submit dialog appears, but the password is not passed through. Not even if I click the entry that I've created for my Google account.
Strange thing here is that, whenever I am browsing throughout the day, on some sites it works, randomly it seems. Because on another site that used to work, it didn't work anymore suddenly the next time I've restarted the browser.

I have checked the entries in 1password to see if there's any anomaly. Except for the Username, Password and SignIn details, there's nothing else there. A friend of mine who is running the same version, with same settings, doesn't have the problem.

I have no clue on what is causing this, I've even re-installed the application as well as trying to add new entries for certain passwords.

The software versions I am using are:

• Firefox 20
  • 1password 3.9.6
  • 1password extension 3.9.14

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It sounds like you are not referring to Go & Fill (which loads the URL first, hence the "Go" part) but rather are referring to "Fill and Submit" which you invoke while already viewing the login page on a site where you have a saved Login item.

Do you have more than one Login item saved for the site where you are having trouble with "Fill and Submit"? If you press ⌘\ on your keyboard, 1Password will fill and submit your Login item if and only if you have exactly one Login for the specific subdomain you are viewing. Otherwise, the extension popup will appear and allow you to select which Login item you want to Fill and Submit.

Another possibility is that there is a known issue where if you start with 1Password in a locked state and are required to enter your Master Password after pressing ⌘\ then you will still need to manually select the Login item. This is slated for resolution in a future update, but a quick way to rule that issue out is to just start with 1Password in an unlocked state. Just unlock 1Password before pressing ⌘\ on your keyboard.

Please let me know if that helps, if I have misunderstood anything, or if there is anything else I can help with. I'd love to make sure everything is working well for you. :)

Cheers!

• harby
    harby
    Community Member

Hi khad,

Thanks for your quick response!
    You are right, I mixed up two different topics here .. It is indeed the Fill and Submit I was referring to.
    As for my question, I can tell you that I managed to fix the problem I had by re-installing Firefox.
    Don't know what went wrong exactly, but after uninstalling Firefox completely (with .plist and other preferences) and re-installing it, the 1password extension works like a charm. Must be something that got corrupted somehow.
    I also disabled auto-lock and enabled the universal unlock feature. That might help :-)
    Thanks again for your support and have a great day!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything is working well. :)

Please keep me posted if you have any other trouble.

This discussion has been closed.