MarcToulouse
MarcToulouse
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I operate 1Password Version 6.8.9
Until 2 days ago it operated fine on both Chrome and Safari
Then it stopped working
Ive deinstalled extension
Installed the classic extension (on safari)
And nothing works.
I can see 1password data in the application but it will not link to either web browser.
Both browsers ask me to install extensions but that as I can see from a web search that process is flawed as it wants to install a V7 extension. which I don't have...

I cannot upgrade my OS as I have older software that requires 10.15...
Im not aware of any browser updates recently I'm currently running
Safari Version 15.3 (15612.4.9.1.8, 15612)
Chrome Version 99.0.4844.74 (Official Build) (x86_64)

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.7

Comments

• Hi @MarcToulouse:

Thanks for reaching out. On March 15, Google released Chrome 99, which contained a new code signing certificate. Because of this change, 1Password 6 for Mac no longer works in Chrome 99 or later. The last major update to 1Password 6 for Mac was almost 4 years ago, and as 1Password is a security product, we strongly recommend keeping it up to date.

At this point, updating to 1Password 7 for Mac would be the best option if you want to continue using 1Password in Chrome. Please reach out to us directly at support+tradein@1password.com to discuss the options that are available now. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect the dots and locate your email conversation.

Jack

• MarcToulouse
    MarcToulouse
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate the swift and concise response.
    Im curious you mentioned the Chrome update but the same issued happened with Safari at the same time (or very close to)
    I'll take this up in an email.

• Hey @MarcToulouse:

Thanks for following up. I was able to locate your email message to us, so continuing the conversation there would be the best bet. Please reach out if there's anything in the future that comes up!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.