Pottmi
Pottmi
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I get this message:

I have made sure I am using the latest version of Chrome:

I have made sure I am using the latest version of 1Password;

I have rebooted my computer:

What do I do next to get rid of that message so I can return to using the Chrome plugin.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.7

Comments

• mediadude
    mediadude
    Community Member

same configuration, same problem as Pottmi, looking for a solution

• Sequoyah
    Sequoyah
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

Yup, same here as well. I use Enpass as well and same issue.

• Hi @Pottmi / @mediadude / @Sequoyah:

Thanks for reaching out. On March 15, Google released Chrome 99, which contained a new code signing certificate. Because of this change, 1Password 6 for Mac no longer works in Chrome 99 or later. The last update to 1Password 6 for Mac was almost 4 years ago, and as 1Password is a security product, we strongly recommend keeping it up to date.

At this point, updating to 1Password 7 for Mac would be the best option if you want to continue using 1Password in Chrome. Please reach out to us directly at support+tradein@1password.com to discuss the options that are available now. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect the dots and locate your email conversation.

Jack

• aznSlayer
    aznSlayer
    Community Member

Emailed support+tradein@1password.com but did not get a response from BitBot. Also having the same issue.

1Password 6
    Version 6.8.9 (689001)

Chrome
    Version 99.0.4844.83

• Sequoyah
    Sequoyah
    Community Member

Sounds like we are hooped, pity they won't do what seems like a simple update to keep us legacy users happy. I've moved on to Enpass. Paying a subscription just doesn't sit right with me. I will pay for upgrades if and when I want them or better yet a true lifetime license. I would have gladly payed a on-time fee to upgrade to 1Password 7 or 8 and continue using it as I think it is a great app.

• Reddmeat
    Reddmeat
    Community Member

Same, I am looking for other options now. I would rather use 1password 6 as an application with no browser plugin than have a browser extension be held hostage to push me to their insecure cloud options with a recurring monthly cost. No thanks.

• Jack.P_1P
    edited March 2022

Hi @Sequoyah:

While I can't speak to the technical requirements it would take to continue allowing 1Password 6 to communicate with the latest version of Chrome, what I can say is this: we have made the choice to no longer invest resources into 1Password 6 for Mac. 1Password 7 for Mac was released 46 months ago, with numerous fixes and improvements over almost 4 years from then until now. As we near the release candidate of 1Password 8 for Mac, it simply doesn't make sense to invest additional efforts into 1Password 6 for Mac.

Given this, our recommendations are as follows:

• If you'd like to switch to a 1Password account (and receive 50% off your first three years) to update to the latest version of 1Password, reach out to us at support+tradein@1password.com.
    • If you'd prefer to keep using 1Password 6 for Mac, you're more than welcome to continue to do so, using either copy and paste, or the 1Password classic extension in a up to date supported browser (Firefox). At this point, we cannot make any promises on if Firefox will continue with its current signing certificate, but if in the future there is a change to the code signing certificate from Firefox, it would be expected that 1Password 6 for Mac would no longer communicate with Firefox.
    • If neither of those options are amenable to you, we don't want you to feel like you're trapped. You're always able to export your data and import it into another password manager. If this does apply to you, stay safe out there when selecting another password manager, and we'll be here for you in the future if you decide to give us another chance.

@aznSlayer:

Thanks for reaching out to us, and I was able to locate your email in our system. Please keep an eye out for our response.

Jack

ref: ACG-89814-117

This discussion has been closed.