Fingerprint Unlock in Chrome doesn't work anymore

Options
2»

Comments

• LukeTowers
    LukeTowers
    Community Member
    Options

Submit a support ticket and provide a link to this thread asking them to fix it in an official update. I haven't restarted 1password or my browser (Chrome) yet, so I don't know if that's just a Brave thing or not, but in my daily workflow I very rarely if ever fully quit either 1Password or Chrome so it's unlikely to bug me enough to contact support if I have to reapply the fix every (rare) time I restart Chrome and / or 1Password.

• Prash
    Prash
    Community Member
    Options

@LukeTowers Thank you very much! This problem just popped up for me in the past couple of days on both of my Macs and the help articles were not solving it.

• duffpop
    duffpop
    Community Member
    Options

@LukeTowers you're a saint! It fixed the issue; hopefully 1Password patches this ASAP.

• LukeTowers
    LukeTowers
    Community Member
    Options

@duffpop submit a support ticket linking them to this thread and complaining about the issue, maybe that will get it fixed faster :)

• MikeT
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hi folks,

Please check for an update, we've just shipped 1Password 8.9.15 update for MacOS, which should fix this issue for you. Let us know if it does not work for you.

• PaulP1
    PaulP1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @MikeT
    That fixed it for me.

• Great, thanks for letting us know!

• LukeTowers
    LukeTowers
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the help @MikeT! Been a very happy user of 1Password for the past 9 years :)

• WeriPrevion
    WeriPrevion
    Community Member
    Options

Great, the update fixed the problem.

• That's wonderful news.

• oxalate
    oxalate
    Community Member
    Options

@LukeTowers, your workaround (changing MacOS/MacOS to MacOS in the path) resolved the issue for me, too; thank you for sharing the information!

I don't know how long that behavior will "stick", but hopefully 1Password will fix this bug before I need to make a habit of hacking the JSON manifest for their extension.

• LukeTowers
    LukeTowers
    Community Member
    Options

@oxalate it's already been fixed in the latest update of 1Password for MacOS, just update your 1Password 8 install and it should be resolved.

• oxalate
    oxalate
    Community Member
    Options

@LukeTowers Thanks again for the tip! Off to update…

• Let us know if it doesn't help. From everyone I've talked with you'll soon be a happy camper. :)

• violalee
    violalee
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

I don't have a Chrome manifest json file on my machine, so I can't modify that. Touch ID no longer works with the Chrome extension on my machine (Macbook Pro M1, Ventura 13.2). It was working until just recently. I've tried all of the above instructions to no avail. Thanks for looking into this.

EDIT: just read about the update. I updated my app and it's working again. Many many thanks!

• I'm sorry for the disruption @violalee, thank you for the update!

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

• chrisbrandhorst
    chrisbrandhorst
    Community Member
    Options

I'm on Opera, and struggling with the same problem. Touch ID is not available for unlocking the extension. I've tried the steps in this topic and everything seems OK. It indeed does work in Chrome on my Mac (Ventura 13.0). According to this page, Opera uses the same manifest files as Chrome: https://dev.opera.com/extensions/message-passing/

Any support for Opera possible?

• chrisbrandhorst
    chrisbrandhorst
    Community Member
    Options

I just read the comments in the following thread stating that Opera support is on the backlog:
    https://1password.community/discussion/134502/is-there-an-opera-reliable-plug-in-for-1password-in-2022

• Hey @chrisbrandhorst,

Opera is not one of our fully supported browsers which means although you can install it and use it in your browser you will not be able to use the integration features such as Touch ID.

Apologise for the trouble I have added you to our internal feature request to add support for Opera.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

ref: PB-31008520

This discussion has been closed.