1pif import on ipassword V8

Options
dnk
dnk
Community Member

Hi there,

I am attempting to migrate from Bitwarden, and I have used the tool described on the forum to convert the JSON file to the 1PIF format. I can not for the life of me figure our how-to import.

If I select the 1PAssword option, it wants me to add another account, and if I select “other”, it wants a CSV.

Thank you for the help!

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: 2.3.0
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Hey @dnk:

Welcome to the Support Community, and thanks for giving 1Password a shot! As it currently stands, 1Password 8 does not import .1pif files, but it is something we're aware of and hope to add in a future release of 1Password 8. To import your data from Bitwarden in the meantime, first ensure that all of your data currently in 1Password 8 for Windows is available on 1Password.com, then follow these steps:

1. Uninstall 1Password 8 (Right click 1Password in the Start Menu > Uninstall).
    2. Download 1Password 7 for Windows from here: https://1password.com/downloads/windows/
    3. Add your 1Password account to 1Password 7.
    4. Follow the steps provided in the converter README file to import your .1pif file into 1Password 7.
    5. Verify that your newly imported items are visible on 1Password.com.
    6. Uninstall 1Password 7.
    7. Reinstall 1Password 8.

Let me know how you get on with that, or if you run into any trouble along the way!

Jack

• dnk
    dnk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the instructions. 👍

I had ultimately done this on my own once I realized V7 would import the file.

I appreciate your time.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Nice work , @dnk !

• Hey @dnk:

Glad to hear you were able to get it sorted out, and I'm very welcome! Please get in touch if there's anything you need in the future. 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.