How to keep Beta 8 on MAC always unlocked?

Options

Could you please guide on how one should keep Beta 8 1PW browser plugins and the desktop app always unlocked unless user specifically?

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version:
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Abhijit, I believe this is the menu you may be looking for:

1. Open 1Password 8 for Windows
    2. Unlock with your account password as usual
    3. Select the three-dot button (...) then Settings > Security

Here you'll find options on how long 1Password waits after the system is idle to lock, whether to lock when your computer does, and so on. 👍

Let me know if you're able to adjust the lock settings to suit your needs with this menu. I hope this helps, and we'll welcome your feedback!

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P I am referring to 1PW for MAC and not windows actually as you can see in the subject.

I am keeping the checkbox unchecked. It seems I need to select it and set it to never. This is confusing.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Hi @Abhijit, apologies for the mix-up.

The length of time the 1Password app stays open in based on a couple different settings.

The settings you've shared here would not cause 1Password to lock on sleep, screensaver, or switching users. Good so far.

However, it would cause 1Password to lock after the computer is idle for 10 minutes. So this is based on "system idle time."

I can see how those might sound similar, but they can be separate - for example, some people have their device set to never use a screensaver, or to go to sleep only after many hours, never sleep while a laptop is plugged in, and so on. But the system can still be "idle" nonetheless.

You're correct that if you set that value to never, 1Password will not lock due to system idle time. 👍

Again, sorry for any confusion around this, and I hope this explanation proves clarifying!

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P Thanks for the update! Despite the below settings now I experience the 1PW 8 for MAC gets locked frequently and I have to unlock it.

Could you please guide me what settings I should do on my MAC/1PW settings so that it never locks itself.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Hey @Abhijit:

Thanks for your additional screenshot. With this, 1Password for Mac will stay unlocked as long as your computer remains awake, hasn't switched to its screensaver, or you've switched users. Would one of those cases be when you're seeing 1Password lock when you're not expecting it? If you'd like 1Password to stay unlocked, even after your computer goes to sleep, starts the screensaver, or you switch users, deselect the "Lock on sleep, screensaver, or switching users" checkbox. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Jack.P_1P ! I have done what you have suggested already but not sure it is not working for me. It gets locked still. On the same machine with same settings 1PW 7 does not get locked though.

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• Jack.P_1P
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hey @Abhijit:

Thanks for following up. I've done some checking internally, do you have "Keep 1Password in the menu bar" selected? If you don't, then pressing Cmd + Q to quit 1Password will result in it locking, though it should stay unlocked if you just close the 1Password window using Cmd + W.

Let me know, and I can dig in further with you!

Jack

• dsm363
    dsm363
    Community Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

Is it possible to add a custom option or add 24 hours as an option? Thanks.

• PeterG_1P
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hello @dsm363, thank you for this suggestion. I will pass it on to our development team! 👍

ref: IDEA-I-1298

This discussion has been closed.