1P8 trouble with AppleWatch

Options

I do have an AppleWatch, but I have the unlock option for 1P8 disabled in Preferences => Security.
The new beta of 1P8 displays an AppleWatch logo next (on the right) to the password input field.
By accident, I clicked this logo ... and the result was an (almost) endless wait for the chance to put in my unlock-Pwd. See screenshot.

This is not intended, I guess?

1Password Version: 80700012
Extension Version: 2.3.1
OS Version: 12.3

Comments

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member
    Options

... it gets worth: When I come back to my Mac after more than 2 min inactivity, I have to wait again. No click to the AppleWatch Icon required to initiate the boring interruption.

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Forum,
    some more details:

• I need to wear my AppleWatch to get the AppleWatch logo presented. If the Mac (a MBP Intel 2017) does not recognise the AppleWatch, the fingerprint icon is presented by 1P8.
    • The more relevant special configuration to trigger the bug might be that I use an external monitor and the MBP lid is closed. 1P7 did recognise this and told that one needs to type the pwd because the lid is closed (and the fingerprint sensor unavailable).
    • The system settings allow the AppleWatch to support login.

Hope this helps to reproduce.

• rob
    Options

Hey, @bwadm. Thanks for the report! I just saw another report of the same thing. As I mentioned there, I don't have an Apple Watch myself to test this, but I've added the details you provided to the issue I filed earlier. Thanks much!

ref: dev/core/core#14130

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rob,
    thanks for the reply.
    I wonder why this reply took so long in this case. My initial report is from March 23rd!
    Either you (forum "moderators" or 1P team members) are in trouble, or the quality of handling user problems has gone down dramatically.
    Regards, BW

• rob
    Options

Hey, @bwadm.

I'm sorry for the delay. It seems like some messages have been slipping through the cracks lately, and I'm not sure why. I actually asked about it earlier internally, and hopefully we can get into a better rhythm.

Personally, I spend most of my time in development, but lately I've been popping into the forum on Mondays to see firsthand what kinds of issues are popping up. (It's been really fruitful. I've filed a bunch of issues and managed to fix a few myself including another one today.) I usually pick up where I left off the previous week and look for any that got missed.

In any case, I'm not sure why we missed your thread (and the other one I linked), but I'm glad I found them. 🙂

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rob,
    thanks a lot for this detail! It reads a bit like emails from Roustem about 15 years ago!
    All the best!

• rob
    Options

As someone who was also active on the forum as a user around that time, that's a very meaningful compliment, thank you. 😊❤️

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Rob, I am now at 1P8 BETA 80700090 and Safari 1P extension v2.3.3.
    The problem with login to 1P when 1P "searches" for the AppleWatch that is disabled in 1P preferences persist.
    A "funny" addition to the problem:

• when I switch to 1P via the item in the Dock, the "spinning wheel" comes forever and there is no chance to type the main pwd.
    • when I switch to 1P by clicking on the window (that is partly visible behind the window of e.g. Mail.app to continue working while waiting for 1P to allow login), the login is possible after about 2 minutes.
      Again, the problem shows up in a configuration "external monitor on MBP with lid closed".
  • Thank you for this additional detail, @bwadm. I have added it to our notes on the investigation @Rob established for this issue. Thank you for letting us know, we'll use this to inform our understanding of the issue going forward!

ref: dev/core/core#14130

This discussion has been closed.