Mac Studio - No Apple Watch Unlock Option

Options

I am using the 1Password 8 Beta on my Mac Studio.

On my MBP, I can unlock 1Password with my Apple Watch. The option for Unlock shows both "Touch ID" as well as "Apple Watch" in the Preferences -> Security menu.

On the Mac Studio, the Preferences -> Security menu does not show a menu heading for "Unlock", nor any of the options for Touch ID or Apple Watch.

All devices are on the same iCloud account.

1Password Version: 8.7.0 (80700012)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 12.3

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @DZelenak

Congrats on the new Mac. πŸŽ‰ If you look in ο£Ώ > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General is the "use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac" option checked?

Please let us know. 😊 Thanks!

Ben

• DZelenak
    DZelenak
    Community Member
    Options

😞 - In my fury to get the machine set up, I totally forgot to enable that setting.

Makes sense and works great now.

Thanks for the quick response!

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that did it. πŸ˜„ Enjoy the new machine!

Ben

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same question but this previous post answered my question, thank you. :-)

I now need to decide whether it is easier to double-click on my watch or put my finger on the reader, I expect it will be the latter.

Interestingly, I had read and referred to your help page several time and I know it is not your fault if I did not read it properly, so perhaps the requirement to first complete the setup in System Preferences should be made to stand out more, or even further, have a tick box that confirms you've competed the setup in System Preferences before revealing the instructions for 1Password. Just a thought.

• Dayton_ag
    edited May 2022
    Options

Thanks for the feedback here @iwaddo! I can definitely see how a small bit of subtext under the Watch option, maybe something along the lines of Ensure Watch Unlock is enabled in System Preferences, could be handy here. I can't make any promises for future changes to 1Password, but I have filed an internal issue with this feedback and passed it along to the Development team for their consideration. 😊 Thanks again!

ref: dev/core/core#15618

This discussion has been closed.