uninstall 1Password7

Options
POCMAM69
POCMAM69
Community Member
edited March 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have a permanent license for 1 Password 6 that I am running on different devices. It's working fine and I do not want to switch to a subscription.
By mistake I installed 1Passord 7 on my Mac (Monterrey), thinking I was installing the Safari extension.
I want to uninstall 1PW7, but when I drag the app from the application folder to the trashsd, it does not let me do it saying the app is being used (though for me its is closed).
I saw your post with the procedure from within 1PW, but I am afrait it will destroy my vault.
How can I safely uninstall 1P@W7 without damaging my 1PW6 vault? Thank you in advance

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:uninstall 1Password7

Comments

• POCMAM69
    POCMAM69
    Community Member
    Options

I was now able to "force Quit" 1PW7 and move the application file to the bin.
    However, I am no longer able to open my old 1PW6 . I tried to open the "current (by default) " vault. Nothing happens after I enter the password. I tried to restaure an older vault from the File/Restore menu. No action! I several backups in thethis function but I do not want to damage them. I also have a older backup on a clone. Help!

• POCMAM69
    POCMAM69
    Community Member
    Options

I deactivated synchronisation with my iPhone. And I am glad , my passordes are still available there.

• @POCMAM69

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: POCMAM69
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/128224/uninstall-1password7#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• POCMAM69
    POCMAM69
    Community Member
    Options

[#AYX-52654-529]

• @POCMAM69

Thank you for posting the Support ID number. I've located your ticket and one of my colleagues will be in touch over email as soon as possible. 😊

ref: AYX-52654-529

This discussion has been closed.