Extension and app data do not match until Helper is restarted

wbloom
wbloom
Community Member
edited May 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm using 1Password 3.8.21 on MacOSX 10.83, with Chrome 27.0.1453.73 (latest of everything AFAIK). Today, I noticed that the 1Password Chrome extension supplied my account creation field values to a website signin page instead of my signin field values. No problem - I started 1Password, located the relevant login record, edited it to supply signin values, then saved and exited. But, returning to the browser, I found that the behavior was unchanged, and bouncing the browser changed nothing. Then, I used the 'Restart Helper' item in the Help>Troubleshooting menu of 1Password. Afterward, all was well.

So it seems that 1PasswordAgent didn't refresh after I'd done edits in the app. Is it "working as designed" that I should bounce 1PasswordAgent each time I do an edit to an already existing login record in the app? Or might this be something that merits a bug report (can anyone reproduce this behavior)?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Try using the current stable version of Chrome. The version you are using is in the beta channel.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report? That will allow us to see if the Helper (1PasswordAgent in 3.8) is loading correctly when you start your Mac, terminating unexpectedly, or a whole host of other possibilities.

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• donzel
    donzel
    Community Member

I am having a similar problem with Safari. After following the instructions in the tutorial "Use the Strong Password Generator to create unguessable passwords", the new secure item appears in the app item list, but it does not appear in the extension item list. I used the "Restart Helper" and still have the problem. I also restarted the machine. I am running Safari 6.0.4, 1Password 3.9.6, and MacOS 10.7.5. Is it time to send in another Diagnostics Report?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Please review our troubleshooting guide for this, and review each step carefully:

Troubleshooting the new browser extensions

A common cause is a proxy server or other "Internet security" programs blocking the secure connection between the sandboxed browser extension and the main 1Password program. Workarounds for both of these are outlined in the guide, and the latter has its own page linked in step seven:

Configuring problematic antivirus/malware software

Please let me know how it goes and if the above applies to your situation.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us your Diagnostics Report? Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.